GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Video Game Music"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/06/12 at 15:48
Regular
Just wondering what is your favourite video game song? Pb made a thread about favourite song lyrics, but when it comes to video games the majority of the music that I like is instrumental.

I didn’t know what to expect when I bought Dragon Quest 8 but it has my favourite soundtrack out of all the games I’ve played. Nobuo Uematsu is deservedly well known for his compositions for Final Fantasy and Koichi Sugiyama is probably well known in Japan for his compositions for Dragon Quest.

A Quiet Village

Majestic Castle ~ Gavotte de Chateau

Remembrances

I would say that Braid is my favourite game and I did like both of these songs by Shira Kammen as well. I think that Downstream starts well but I’m not so keen on the last few minutes.

Shira Kammen – Downstream

Shira Kammen - Lullaby Set

Here are a few of my favourite Final Fantasy songs by Nobuo Uematsu.

Nobuo Uematsu - Fisherman's Horizon

Nobuo Uematsu – Melodies of Life

Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand

I have yet to play an Elder Scrolls game, but I do like the theme tune.

Skyrim Morrowind Theme

So what is your favourite song in a video game? I would like to listen to them :)
Tue 11/12/12 at 23:28
Regular
PikaFangTomi228 wrote:
As u can tell there's alot more songs and music to say but then there'll be a bit too much too mention! Lol!

I've listened to them all and I wouldn't mind listening to more. Seems like forever since I played ffX-2 so I haven't heard those songs in ages. Never played Pikmin or any of the DOA games so those songs were new to me.

After playing The Last Story I enjoyed the music from Nobuo Uematsu:

Toberu Mono

Fallen Nobles

Evil Beasts

With Excitement in the Heart

Battle General Ashtar
Fri 03/08/12 at 22:43
Regular
I love listing to all sorts of video game music!

So here's my list of music and songs I like listing to in video and computer games:

LeiFang's theme from DOA3 is called "Mayflower"
Hitomi's theme also from DOA3 is called "It's to show"
Lollipop Chainsaw theme "Lollipop"
"Melodies Of Life" (One of my favs!) Both English and Japanese from FFIX
Bass's ending theme from DOA4 called "Nasty Girl"
"1000 Words" (Also one of my favs!) Performed by Yuna in FFX2
"Real Emotion" (Again one of my favs. I can't help it I just luv the FF music and songs!) It's also performed by Yuna. "Forest Of Hope" from the Gamecube and the Wii game of Pikmin. As u can tell there's alot more songs and music to say but then there'll be a bit too much too mention! Lol!
Mon 23/07/12 at 10:42
Regular
Never played Sonic Adventure 2, but here's some catchy cheesefest rock music =D

City Escape

Live and Learn
Mon 16/07/12 at 11:15
Regular
Pushover theme is pretty catchy. The first console I played was the mega drive which reminds me of an old game that I couldnt beat the final boss.

Gain Ground
Thu 21/06/12 at 21:21
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I really like this one from Halo 3.

Halo 3 - Never Forget

Going back a bit. A game on the Amiga featuring the crisps Quavers.

Pushover - Title

This is one of my favourites from Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure - Lost World

Last one for now. Something you hear a lot of during the game so it is good that it is easy to listen to.

Dune - Fremen
Thu 21/06/12 at 18:52
Regular
Heres the song I liked at the end of Bastion.

Setting Sail, Coming Home
Wed 20/06/12 at 22:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thought about this long and hard but apart from 'Will Rock' and 'I Wanna Rock' :

I Wanna Rock

Will Rock full story

Quake II has just got to be the best ever ... especially this:

Quake II Soundtrack

:¬)
Wed 20/06/12 at 19:18
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
I did just have a bit of a moment where I remembered the music and songs from VTM Bloodlines, particularly the Gothic thumping from the clubs and bars..

Went all kinda nostalgic....
Wed 20/06/12 at 16:17
Regular
I really like the Opened Way. I liked the Demise of the Ritual but it took me too long to beat the final colossus. My brain stopped working on the last one >.<

This song also went on for too long. Took me a while to figure out you could steer the colossus by stabbing the teeth on its head :s lol
Wed 20/06/12 at 15:03
Regular
"How Ironic"
Really nice surprise in this game, you don't expect it when you first hear it

Shadow of the Colossus had some of my favourite music.
Link1
Link2
Link2

Can't believe how under the radar that game was. A lot of people seem to have missed it. Probably my favourite game on the PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.