GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3 Help!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/02/02 at 20:53
Regular
on GTA3 i still can't find any purple hoods and i have been trying all day, i have done about 15 attempts in a row and i don't think that they will ever appear, i don't want to start again and i have ran out of ideas so please would someone tell me if they have had this problem and if so how can i sort it out!
Sat 23/02/02 at 16:22
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
˝Pez wrote:
> Well i had 3 game saves and they have been there every time ive played

Yep, me too. All there. Every one. Yay :)
Sat 23/02/02 at 16:11
Regular
so you dont park the stallion in side the building? you just park it out side? get out and that is it?
Sat 23/02/02 at 13:51
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Quazimodo wrote:
> Where can you find the multi storey mission?

Really close to your base in the multistorey car park where you assassinate Kenji. Grab a Stallion and park outside the entrance. Get out of the car and back in and the mission starts.

Heh I've got the Securicar now! Only have to find 11 unique jumps, 30 or so ambulance missiosn need doing, 9 or so rampages and one mission GRIPPED!.
I'm gonna do this.
Sat 23/02/02 at 10:16
Regular
Where can you find the multi storey mission?
Fri 22/02/02 at 13:41
Well i had 3 game saves and they have been there every time ive played
Wed 20/02/02 at 16:09
i think that a certain number of days must be passed in the game, how many days have people done who are successful?
Wed 20/02/02 at 13:41
Also helps if you still have the bullet proof patriot. Avoiding hassle from the Rumpos is key too. Best place I found is immediately to the right when you exit your base on Shoreside as there is room to turn at the carpark at the end.
Wed 20/02/02 at 13:37
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Drive down the road mowing down Purple nines. Then spin round and repeat the process. If the car burns get out. Try not to mow people down in front of their vans or you will get hassle. It takes quite a while to do but after loads of times you should be able to get lucky.
Wed 20/02/02 at 09:27
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Last night I decided to test out the theory of other GTA3 saved games on my memory card conflicting with my proper game!

I had 3 saved games on my card and when I walked around near the telephone mission I never saw any Purple Hoods! I deleted my 2 old saves and then continued with just my newest save. Ok, first off, went to a the other two Islands did a couple of rampages, unique jumps, found a few hidden packages, got myself killed and busted a couple of times blah blah blah!

Finally made it back to Shoreside and wandered down to the phone mission and had a mooch around for a while and lo and behold a Purple Hood walking down the sidewalk, went round a corner and gasp, there's another one, quickly saved the game and then put on Silent Hill 2 to which I finished last night at 12.30am!

I think that the mission will be ok now that I have seen more than one Purple Hood but will try out the mission tonight to check but I thought that I'd let you people know if your still having trouble with this mission.

Tonight Matthew, I will be a Happy Bunny.......I hope :)
Mon 18/02/02 at 09:57
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
adrian wrote:
> Have you got more than one GTA3 save? As if you do this could be the problem. As i've heard that more than one save in GTA3 makes the Purple Nines disappear. Go to www.gamefaqs.com and look on the GTA3 forum or FAQ's to research it alittle more.

I too had been thinking that this might be a problem, I've currently got 3 saved games on my card and on all 3 the mission will not work.

I think once I've completed Silent Hill 2 (started at midnight Saturday) I will delete all the GTA saves and then start again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.