GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crisps"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/06/12 at 11:14
"possibly impossible"
Just for fun, what could your favourite crisp flavour say about you?

Bacon
Let's face it, you are what you eat; a porker.

Cheese and Onion
Your humour is so bad you make people cry

Ready Salted
You're a bit plain, but down to earth.

Prawn Cocktail
You try to keep up with the Joneses, but it's all an act, you're really just a wannabe.
Tue 12/06/12 at 07:46
"possibly impossible"
Monster Munch
You are conflicted. On the one hand you are a happy, if not a little chunky, soul who like to give people a hand. But given the right opportunity, you can turn and reveal a darker side.
Tue 12/06/12 at 06:35
Regular
DL wrote:
So ... you were born just after the war ... between 1946 and 1952 then?

I just give up :¬)[/i]

Actually it was 32 years ago tomorrow, but sometimes it does feel like 60 years ago. :¬)

Monster Munch and Nice 'n' Spicy Nik-Naks, great choices Butch. What does Monster Munch say about me pb?
Mon 11/06/12 at 19:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Machie wrote:
DL wrote:
[i]
I knew you weren't that old Machie!

When I was a kid, we use to have a guy deliver milk to our house every morning. And when we wanted to call someone, we actually had to dial the number on a rotary dial on our bakelite phone. Buttons we're invented back then. We even used a dial to change the channel on the tv.[/i]

The name you were looking for is ... 'milkman' and they still exist!

So ... you were born just after the war ... between 1946 and 1952 then?

I just give up :¬)
Mon 11/06/12 at 16:04
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I had a pack of beef Monster Munch this past weekend, still my favourite crisps of all time.

Closely followed by Nice 'n' Spicy Nik-Naks.
Mon 11/06/12 at 15:59
Regular
DL wrote:

When I was a kid, we use to have a guy deliver milk to our house every morning. And when we wanted to call someone, we actually had to dial the number on a rotary dial on our bakelite phone. Buttons we're invented back then. We even used a dial to change the channel on the tv.

@pb, nice find. I love watching old adverts.
Mon 11/06/12 at 14:29
"possibly impossible"
The Smiths Crisps version was still going well into the 80's. I used to have them for school lunches in the early 80's (1981/1982ish).

Here's a 1978 ad
Mon 11/06/12 at 13:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
dav2612 wrote:
Machie wrote:
[i]When I was a kid, we use to get a little blue sachet of salt to sprinkle on our crisps. That's why they call it ready salted now.

I remember them, called Salt n Shake were not? I'm pretty sure they branched out to some flavouring sachets at one point but can't remember what flavours they did.[/i]

"Salt 'n' Shake" were relaunched by Walkers in 2003 and called Salt&Shake! These were the original - Smiths Crisps - the one's I remember:

Smith's Crisps with salt bag

Mon 11/06/12 at 12:24
"possibly impossible"
They still do those salt and shake crisps from time to time. At least, I'm sure I saw them around.

Any more flavours from anyone?

How about...

Jalapeño Nachos
You're a spicy one, no-one can say you're a square, more of an isosceles triangle in fact. You have a raging fire in your heart, but unfortunately, as soon as you manage to get close to anyone, they smell the breath...
Mon 11/06/12 at 12:08
Regular
"And in last place.."
Machie wrote:
When I was a kid, we use to get a little blue sachet of salt to sprinkle on our crisps. That's why they call it ready salted now.

I remember them, called Salt n Shake were not? I'm pretty sure they branched out to some flavouring sachets at one point but can't remember what flavours they did.
Mon 11/06/12 at 11:31
Regular
I've always loved Prawn Cocktail. :) Indiana Jones is my hero. It's why I took up archaeology.

They had a really delicious Honey Mustard Pringles here. Sadly it was just a limited edition.

When I was a kid, we use to get a little blue sachet of salt to sprinkle on our crisps. That's why they call it ready salted now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.