GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zen Cart help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/12 at 17:46
Regular
Hi Im trying ti install zen cart on my site.

I have vip hosting and mysql i created a mysql dbase and cant get any further as I have no idea on how to insert the permissions like select, insert, etc

when I look at the dbase it says has zero tables I cannot navigate around and have no idea what to do HELP PLEASE
Thu 03/01/13 at 19:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
GorjussArt wrote:
This worked for me and is definately not just /httpd/ as suggested in the help files..

Let me know if that helps, If i can help with anything else please ask..

Thanks for that input GorjussArt and welcome to the Forums, your help will be appreciated.
Thu 03/01/13 at 13:33
Regular
ok im having no real problems with this at all..

I have run zen cart for many years now, and am just updating and moving my shop back to freeola.

The path for VIP users works as follows
/var/www/vipxx/sites /vipxxxxxx/httpd/htdocs/"storefolder"
(had to add the space between sites and / it should not be there)
vipxx is the server number, corresponds to your ftp server info, i beleive.

the vipxxxxx is your user account.

This worked for me and is definately not just /httpd/ as suggested in the help files..

Let me know if that helps, If i can help with anything else please ask..
Mon 31/12/12 at 16:09
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Looking at AbzDarts' profile it doesn't appear he/she has created a Freeola Knowledge Base article - perhaps they'll see your post and submit one :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 31/12/12 at 09:13
Regular
AbzDarts wrote:
After nearly 30 hours of messing about I finally figured the whole thing out and my shop is now operational.

To save others this heartache I wrote down all my stuff and will now write it down in a format that can be easily read and create a numpties guide to installing zen cart 1.3.9 on freeola. Zen Cart 1.5.* is not compatible with Freeolas php server. So dont even bother trying that 1.

Big Thankyou for all those that helped.

Hi, I am just starting the road to installation of Zen Cart, had downloaded 1.5* but have changed it to 1.3.9 as you say, did you get the numpties guide written or posted it sounds like it would be useful.

Cheers
Mon 11/06/12 at 14:23
Regular
After nearly 30 hours of messing about I finally figured the whole thing out and my shop is now operational.

To save others this heartache I wrote down all my stuff and will now write it down in a format that can be easily read and create a numpties guide to installing zen cart 1.3.9 on freeola. Zen Cart 1.5.* is not compatible with Freeolas php server. So dont even bother trying that 1.

Big Thankyou for all those that helped.
Mon 11/06/12 at 08:41
"Are you sure?"
AbzDarts wrote:
Does any one know how I can find the correct physical path on my server?

It looks like your address is just about there. VIP Hosting File Structure shows the correct format - your VIP number and '/shop' seem to be the only differences.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 10/06/12 at 22:54
Regular
Does any one know how I can find the correct physical path on my server?
Sun 10/06/12 at 21:16
Regular
Im getting some where now except im stuck its now asking me for my physical connection to zen cart this is what the default comes up with but does not work?

/home/sites/vip9373664/httpd/htdocs/shop
Sun 10/06/12 at 19:59
Regular
I run the installer wrong I think, I will go back and start again and let you all know?
Sun 10/06/12 at 19:42
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Zen cart comes with an installer that should create the tables necessary. It certainly shouldnt be necessary to do anything with the db permissions. Given theres no tables, it sounds like the installer hasnt been run. Or at least its failing, in which case there would have been errors displayed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.