GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Help Thread."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/02/02 at 16:13
Regular
I know that there hepl threads all over the place but I could not find any I might be blind.
Can anyone help me my friend told me that the X Box can play any game PSone,PS2,DVD,Music's and X box games is he telling the truth can the X Box really play all of these cds?
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:21
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
RM18 wrote:
> Get a Gamecube and a seperate DVD player. Xbox is simply too expensive for the
> quality of games, PS2 is good and has DVD but the games arent as good as
> gamecube.

ok thank have you seen the NOM for March if you don't have it get it because it tells you that the gamecube will cost £150 and the games will be between £35 - £40 have class is that and it shows you wrestle mania X8 and the rock l;ooks so lifelike it is underbelievable it also shows Advance wars and Super Mario Advance 2 which if you had a Super Nintendo was super Mario World.
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:10
Regular
Get a Gamecube and a seperate DVD player. Xbox is simply too expensive for the quality of games, PS2 is good and has DVD but the games arent as good as gamecube
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:03
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
RM18 wrote:

P.S. Whats with
> all the questions, are you just really inquisitive or something?

I am just wondering because my big brother got a PS2 for Christmas and I wanted one becuase they have amazing games and DVD player built in and when my friend told me that the X Box could play any game I was very happy and you told me that that was wrong so I asked about the Gamecube but it does not plat DVD'd and then you said VCD and I didn't know what that was so I asked.
Sun 17/02/02 at 16:46
Regular
coley wrote:
> RM18 wrote:
> The Gamecube cannot play DVD's or even CD's because it uses
> special mindiscs.
> However, Panasonic have made 'Q', which is a Gamecube
> that can play CD's, DVD's,
> and VCD's as well as Gamecube games.
> Unfortunately, I think it will only be out
> in Japan and maybe the
> US
Question 3 what are VCD's?

Video CD's, they are popular in the Far East and are used for kung fu movies etc.

P.S. Whats with all the questions, are you just really inquisitive or something?
Sun 17/02/02 at 16:29
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
RM18 wrote:
> The Gamecube cannot play DVD's or even CD's because it uses special mindiscs.
> However, Panasonic have made 'Q', which is a Gamecube that can play CD's, DVD's,
> and VCD's as well as Gamecube games. Unfortunately, I think it will only be out
> in Japan and maybe the US
Question 3 what are VCD's?
Sun 17/02/02 at 16:24
Regular
The Gamecube cannot play DVD's or even CD's because it uses special mindiscs. However, Panasonic have made 'Q', which is a Gamecube that can play CD's, DVD's, and VCD's as well as Gamecube games. Unfortunately, I think it will only be out in Japan and maybe the US
Sun 17/02/02 at 16:21
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
Mr. Furby wrote:
> i think you've been had, the xbox will not be able play ps1 or ps2 games as the
> xbox is suppose to be competing against sony.
Thank you for ointing this out I think I shall give him a dead arm later on today.
Question 2 Does anyone know if there is anything added on to the Gamecube example the PS2 has a built in DVD player?
Sun 17/02/02 at 16:16
i think you've been had, the xbox will not be able play ps1 or ps2 games as the xbox is suppose to be competing against sony.
Sun 17/02/02 at 16:13
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
I know that there hepl threads all over the place but I could not find any I might be blind.
Can anyone help me my friend told me that the X Box can play any game PSone,PS2,DVD,Music's and X box games is he telling the truth can the X Box really play all of these cds?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.