GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3 vs MGS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/02/02 at 16:11
Regular
This question is on a lot of peoples minds, which game do you think will win the crown of best video game to this date?

GTA3 was a gaming masterpiece that gave us out and out fun and full on gaming excitement, most people who own a ps2 will have a copy of this game in their collection and most of you will play this game on a day to day basis enjoying the thrills and spills of life as a gangster in the infamous Liberty City.

The graphics and GTA3 were spectacular and Rockstar and DMA delivered something that no other gaming company has given us before! Night changes to day as we battle are way through a gangsters life and the real time weather effects took our gaming tastes to another level.

The radio stations in GTA3 were done to perfection whether it be Chatterbox where mad people ring in to discuss crazy topics, or Rise fm the trance station the delivers banging tunes with a club feel.

Some people protested that we will never get bored of GTA3 and i think i am with them on this one, the game contains endless entertainment and over the top gangster fun. The game is definatley not for children as the content looked and played like something out of a x-rated movie.

Overall GTA3 delivered brand spanking new experience that gamers world wide (except austraillia LOL) loved and enjoyed and still do to this day!

Metal Gear Solid 2 is yet to be released here in the United Kingdom but it is getting a lot of people talking about what a new gaming experience it will bring to our ps2'.

Gamers take control of Solid Snake an ex-SAS officer that is going under cover to reveal the truth behind the prestiduce and contraversial Metal Gear! The game deilvers just like the first Metal Gear did on the psone in 1999 and is sure to be a huge hit.

The graphicvs in Metal Gear Solid 2 have taken gaming one step further into the gaming future and they will have the same effect that GTA3 had on us when it was released in the October of 2001. The weather effects are superb and the background textures are as smooth as a 'babies bottom'. The character design has been taken to another level and the A.I of your enemies has never hit such a groundbreaking stage, enemies can now spot your shadow or hear you move as you run for cover in the nearest locker.

The music in Metal Gear Solid 2 is the most compelling yet in any game and is done to near perfection. The sound effetcs are also done to a high effect, you can hear your enemies radioing for help and backup and you can also hear them talking between themselves.

Overall Metal Gear Solid 2 (as we have seen in the demo) has taken gaming one more step into gaming bliss and when the game hits on a full release on March 8th gamers nationwide will be rushing to grab hold of this superb title.

Both GTA3 and Metal Gear Solid 2 have changed the way that we game, but which of these titles will take the crown on the most ultimate game ever created, am i missing a game to add to this list of 2 games? Is there a better game than these 2? If so i would love to know which one because i certaintly want it in my collection. Let me hear your views on the greatest game of all time and which game will rule th gaming universe for many years to come. Thanks for reading!
Sun 17/02/02 at 16:11
This question is on a lot of peoples minds, which game do you think will win the crown of best video game to this date?

GTA3 was a gaming masterpiece that gave us out and out fun and full on gaming excitement, most people who own a ps2 will have a copy of this game in their collection and most of you will play this game on a day to day basis enjoying the thrills and spills of life as a gangster in the infamous Liberty City.

The graphics and GTA3 were spectacular and Rockstar and DMA delivered something that no other gaming company has given us before! Night changes to day as we battle are way through a gangsters life and the real time weather effects took our gaming tastes to another level.

The radio stations in GTA3 were done to perfection whether it be Chatterbox where mad people ring in to discuss crazy topics, or Rise fm the trance station the delivers banging tunes with a club feel.

Some people protested that we will never get bored of GTA3 and i think i am with them on this one, the game contains endless entertainment and over the top gangster fun. The game is definatley not for children as the content looked and played like something out of a x-rated movie.

Overall GTA3 delivered brand spanking new experience that gamers world wide (except austraillia LOL) loved and enjoyed and still do to this day!

Metal Gear Solid 2 is yet to be released here in the United Kingdom but it is getting a lot of people talking about what a new gaming experience it will bring to our ps2'.

Gamers take control of Solid Snake an ex-SAS officer that is going under cover to reveal the truth behind the prestiduce and contraversial Metal Gear! The game deilvers just like the first Metal Gear did on the psone in 1999 and is sure to be a huge hit.

The graphicvs in Metal Gear Solid 2 have taken gaming one step further into the gaming future and they will have the same effect that GTA3 had on us when it was released in the October of 2001. The weather effects are superb and the background textures are as smooth as a 'babies bottom'. The character design has been taken to another level and the A.I of your enemies has never hit such a groundbreaking stage, enemies can now spot your shadow or hear you move as you run for cover in the nearest locker.

The music in Metal Gear Solid 2 is the most compelling yet in any game and is done to near perfection. The sound effetcs are also done to a high effect, you can hear your enemies radioing for help and backup and you can also hear them talking between themselves.

Overall Metal Gear Solid 2 (as we have seen in the demo) has taken gaming one more step into gaming bliss and when the game hits on a full release on March 8th gamers nationwide will be rushing to grab hold of this superb title.

Both GTA3 and Metal Gear Solid 2 have changed the way that we game, but which of these titles will take the crown on the most ultimate game ever created, am i missing a game to add to this list of 2 games? Is there a better game than these 2? If so i would love to know which one because i certaintly want it in my collection. Let me hear your views on the greatest game of all time and which game will rule th gaming universe for many years to come. Thanks for reading!
Sun 17/02/02 at 16:24
Regular
"accidental superher"
problem is the are totally different styles of game so it's hard to say.
also mgs 2 isn't even out yet over here so we can't really comment on that front.
i got rather bored of gta3 frankly ...but it was good when i first got it
Sun 17/02/02 at 16:27
I am getting annoyed with GTA3 because there ren't any purple hoods on the UZI MONEY mission and i am getting bored of starting again on it!
Sun 17/02/02 at 16:37
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
GTA3 hasn't exactly changed the way we game at all. It is pretty much the same game as GTA1 and 2 but in 3D. Okay, so that's a good thing because the first 2 were excellent games but it hasn't changed the way we game.

Perfect Dark and Goldeneye are both amazing games. Goldeneye is pretty old no but still not many games match up to it's multiplayer game. And nothing in my opinion, has matched up to the multiplayer on Perfect Dark. The one player was slightly disappointing but 4 player was completely amazing!!

And then there is the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the greatest game ever made, in my honest opinion. That was stunning, and I don't think I'll ever play another game again (except for maybe Zelda on GC and MGS2) that will be as good for the time as Zelda was for its time.
Sun 17/02/02 at 16:44
zelda was good but not compared to GTA3 and MGS2, GTA3 has changed the gta series and for the good!
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:12
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
It has changed it for the good becuase it has moved into 3D but there are other aspects of GTA2 that are better than GTA3. The ability to choose who you want ot work for, for example. You could choose between 3 gangs in each city in GTA2 and if you did lots of missions for 1 gang then you couldn't do missions for another gang uless you regained respect from them. You can't do this on GTA3 which doesn't seem as good.

On the other hand, there are plenty of improvements in GTA3 over the first 2. Being able to switch between cities/islands easily is probably the best other than moving into 3D.

GTA3 and Zelda are totally different types of games so nobody can really say what is a better game. They can only say what they think is their preferred game out of the 2. I prefer Zelda as it is my favourite game ever and you prefer GTA3 as it appears to be one of your favourite games ever.

I suppose that's the same with all games but I just can't be bothered to get into a full grown argument. :-D

BACK TO SCHOOL TOMORROW AND I DON'T FEEL TOO GREAT!!!
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:14
Regular
MGS2 and GTA3 are in reality completely different genres so you cant completely compare them, one incourages you to go and kill loads of people and make your self heard whilst the other is more stealthy
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:28
ye but you can still compare the graphics and sound!
Sun 17/02/02 at 18:29
Regular
"360: swfcman"
To be honest comparing these two games is like comparing Pro Evo with Silent Hill 2, the genres are really too different for you to come up with any real pro and cons for which is the better game. Both MGS 2 and GTA 3 are class games that have improved so much on there previous versions and thats a damn good thing. If i had to pick between them though i would say that GTA 3 would just pip it for me. GTA 3 is so much bigger and has a lastability so much better than MGS2 which can be completed doing everything in under 5 hours.
Sun 17/02/02 at 18:34
the games aren't that disimilar they are both action adventures, i aren't comparing a sports game to a horror like you drastically stated i am just saying which is the best out of GTA3 and MGS2 2 action games!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.