GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uncle Albert's Counter-Strike Thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/02/02 at 15:53
Regular
Having just got back into the online gaming scene, I thought I'd start up my own thread about my favourite online game - Counter-Strike. Before I start a discussion about it, I just wanna find out who else actually plays it around here.
Fri 15/03/02 at 11:08
Want a fast server with stats visit www.hugehole.co.uk or www.projectmayhem.freeserve.co.uk for a good server with stats.
Sat 09/03/02 at 12:34
Anyone play Firearms ?
Might go buy unreal tournament in a minute, then can download tactical ops.
Fri 22/02/02 at 21:37
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know...I should have put assault instead of seige... :)
Fri 22/02/02 at 21:36
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Cameras on seige? Damn, another bloody map mod included in 1.3 that I yet to witness! Grrrr...
Fri 22/02/02 at 19:34
i like assault mainly for the fact you can see your opposition and what they're up to on the cameras and plan your attack that way.
siege is my second favourite as you get a great sniping opportunity for when they're about to come up the ramp and you can scope them from the other side behind the rock.
Thu 21/02/02 at 19:40
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Never really worked it out..it was the first I played (by chance), I played a tournament match on it at i10 and I always check for servers running it first..

I think it's far more balanced than most maps - Ts and CTs both have equal opportunity to rush top or bottom, but camping is very easy, especially for Ts - put one person at the top of the slope in to the bottom tunnel, and another in the far corner facing the exit from the top tunnel. However, compared to maps like cs_assault (where the Ts have little option but to camp and wait for the CTs to enter the warehouse), it caters for several different playing styles, so rounds are more varied.
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:01
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Hey, people, this is a strictly CS-only thread. You wanna talk about Tactical Ops, create your own thread! :P

Anyway, I was wondering why so many people like de_Dust so much! I, myself, think it's one of the best maps but just can't figure out why. Maybe it's because it offers a mixture of gameplay styles (sniping, close combat, etc). Any ideas lads?
Wed 20/02/02 at 14:06
MJswerve wrote:
> Desert Beetle wrote:

> Tactical Ops is a pretty decent substitute, blowing
> terrorists to hell all night
> long!

YEAH! FInally someone who plays
> Tactical Ops :D COme to the UK² Jolt server at unreal://195.149.21.125:7817
> and I will gve you a game :)

My handle is [UK²]R3Co][L

Cool, I'll give you a game later today.
Wed 20/02/02 at 14:01
Cheers for help. I need to renew my special reserve member ship, and last time i looked, i think that Ut was one of the free gifts, so i could just choose that.
Wed 20/02/02 at 13:56
Regular
At the moment it is a modification for UT mate. It is being made as a standalone right now and should be about the end of March. If you get Cable soon I suggest downloading the mod and playing it to death, that way when the standalone comes out you will have a headstart in the TO world :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.