GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Way Out predictions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/02/02 at 13:01
Regular
Well the time is upon us for the WWF next PPV extravaganza, No Way Out. With this being the last PPV before the Showcase of the Immortals, Wrestlemania 18, I have taken it upon myself as my duty to make some predictions. I for one am looking forward to the PPV as Vinnie Mac gets ready to poison the WWF with the n…W…o!

Chris Jericho vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Undisputed WWF Title Match)

After seeing the recent Wrestlemania preview posters circulating the Net showing Jericho and Stephanie alongside each other I can only presume that Jericho will win this match up and go on to Wrestlemania. It would make sense as the WWF seem to be pushing Jericho as a main event star and not just a transitional champion, and if he goes on to WM-X8 as champ that would really cement that. Saying that, its not often Austin loses at PPV’s and he has been on the losing side a lot recently, and rumour still persist that Austin vs. HHH will be the main event. I can see this match up as being the one where the nWo will interfere, probably costing Austin the match, which would further consolidate Jericho’s heel status and possibly set up a match with Austin and either Hall/Nash/Hogan at WM-X8.

Prediction: Chris Jericho

Triple H vs. Kurt Angle (No. 1 Contenders Match)

With all the fuss over the eight month rehab, the monster pop he recieved at MSG and winning the Royal Rumble I can't see anything but a win for Triple H. Even with Stephanie as special referee I still can't see winning Triple H losing the right to go on to face the WWF champ at WM-X8. She’ll probably be knocked out and Earl Hebner will run down or something. I also don’t see the nWo interfering as I think the WWF wants to keep them and the McMahon/Helmsley storyline separate. This means a loss for the Olympic Hero, and unfortunately for Kurt Angle, a mid card berth at Wrestlemania beckons.

Prediction: Triple H

The Rock vs. The Undertaker

This is the third semi-main event. This could go either way, but The Rock’s enforced absence in recent weeks has weakened the feud somewhat. I could see the WWF going in two possible directions. Because The Rock hasn’t done too well in the last few PPV’s and because he has lost momentum by being absent he could pick up the win. But the Undertaker doesn’t do the job too often, and the Rock did cost him the Hardcore Title so this might be his retribution. Maybe we might see some interference by Maven? I’m going for The Rock.

Prediction: The Rock

William Regal (c) vs. Edge (Intercontinental Title Brass Knuckles on a Pole Match)

It seems that Edge is being pushed to be the next bona fide WWF superstar, especially after wining King of the Ring, and if the WWF wants to continue that, like I think they will, then he will surely win this feud and go on to WM-X8 as IC champ. William Regal has had the upper hand throughout this feud and did win at Royal Rumble. He has throughout the feud used the brass knuckles as his main advantage, and now that using them has become legal, I think Edge will pick up the win

Prediction: Edge

Spike Dudley and Tazz (c) vs. Booker T and Test (Tag Team Titles Match)

In what seems like InVasion all over again, the WWF seems to have thrown Booker T and Test together at the last minute because of the lack of singles action. But I have a feeling that Booker T and Test might win this. Although I think the WWF have tried to push Spike and Tazz as a proper Tag Team, I also think that they will want as many top drawer wrestlers to be involved at Wrestlemania and a Booker T and Test win might be a way for the WWF to get them in a match of any importance. Plus they will be looking for revenge after Spike pinned Booker T on Smackdown!.

Prediction: Booker T and Test

APA vs. Billy and Chuck vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz vs. Lance Storm and Christian vs. Scotty 2 Hotty and Albert (Tag Team Turmoil for No. 1 Contendership)

Lets look at the no hopers. Scotty 2 Hotty and Albert have no chance. Going from Jakked and Heat to Wrestlemania just doesn’t happen, though we might see the worm. Despite Wrestlemania being in Canada, if Lance Storm and Christian won then everyone would cheer for them, making the fact that they are supposed to be heels pointless. The APA have a slim chance as they are always popular with the crowd, as do Billy and Chuck but I think it is a bit too early for them yet. So its down to the Dudley Boyz and the Hardy Boyz. I think the Dudleys won’t win because they have been dominating the Tag scene for too long. I’m going for the Hardy Boyz as the WWF will want them to return with a bang.

Prediction: Hardy Boyz

Goldust vs. RVD

With this being Goldust’s first match back I think that he will pick up the win here, as if he lost his first match back it would be pointless. I think RVD probably has bigger fish to fry (probably feuding with Edge at WM-X8) and the crowd would cheer for him anyway, so I’m going for Goldust.

Prediction : Goldust
Sun 17/02/02 at 20:42
Regular
"Where's SR?"
There sems to be two of these topics. The APA have had a bit of a resurgance, could they win. A match against Booker T and Test could be quite good. They have got a bit of a rivalry going and Tst has always hated the APA.
Sun 17/02/02 at 18:19
Regular
Who do you think will win though? My money is on Goldust as it would be stupid if he lost his first match back. But as its RVD there will probably be some illegal activity
Sun 17/02/02 at 18:16
Regular
"..."
My prediction...
RVD vs Goldust will steal the show
Goldust will be really keen to make an impact and Rob Van Dam has ALWAYS pulled out the stops at PPVs...watch 'em go...
Sun 17/02/02 at 18:06
Regular
For some reason Jericho just can't get a clean win eg. Booker T assistance at Vengeance and Lance Storm/Christian at Royal Rumble. Its as if the WWF are reluctant to say 'Jericho's can beat the Rock or Austin fair and square'.
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Back in black"
Ant wrote:
Jericho vs Austin
Most people disagree with me but I love Y2J as
> Champ, so I hope he wins this. I don't want another boring Austin reign, we need
> something new, and Jericho is giving us this. I'm hoping, and predicting, that
> Jericho will come out on top here.

Im sure someone interfering and/or weapons been used to win a match has been done before, maybe I am wrong and Jericho has created a new style of cheating!?
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:23
Regular
"Back in black"
Goldust vs RVD
This could be a good match. Goldust was pretty good a few years back, but RVD's style may be a disadvantage as I can see shattered dreams for RVD.

Booker and Test vs Spike and Tazz
Spike and Tazz really aren't that entertaining, booker T and Test are- so hmmm Tazz and spike will win!

Edge vs Regal
Edge better win to end this!!

Tag Team Turmoil
I dunno who is in this. Hardyz, albert and scotty, APA and dudleyz I would presume and if so APA will win, me hopes.

Rock vs Undertaker
This could be good. The taker should dominate the Rock, but the rock should do what he does best and kick butt. Rocky for this one.

HHH vs Angle
HHH better win, I ain't watching no crappy angle vs Jericho at WM. AT least put HHH in the event. Go game go!!

Jericho vs Austin
Austin will about to win and then... Vince intereferes... or jericho uses a chair, either way jericho will do what he always does and cheat a win!
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:16
Regular
Ant wrote:
> Goldust vs RVD
My prediction is Goldust, probably with a bit of cheatery
> though. RVD got revenge on Smackdown, and so I expect Goldust to get the victory
> tonight, maybe to push him a little bit.

Booker and Test vs Spike and
> Tazz
I'm going, and hoping for Booker and Test. Booker deserves a title, and
> while Tazz is a decent wrestler Spike is a waste of time. He goes in, gets
> beaten up the whole match, and then wins by some fluke right at the end, usually
> after a bit of help.

Edge vs Regal
*YAWN* I don't know, so my guess is
> Edge.

Tag Team Turmoil
I'm going to put my neck in it here. As massive fans
> of Scotty and Albert, and seeing the way they've been performing in their
> matches, I'm going to go for them. They deserve the push as they work well as a
> team. This match is extremely important for me, it's the first meaningful match
> my faves have had since...Summerslam 2000 where Too Cool lost in the grudge
> match to the RTC. C'mon WWF, give Scotty and Albert a chance-they're so much
> more talented than many of the other teams in this match! Please not the Hardys
> *YAWN*, I wish they'd broken up the Hardys and kept E and C.

Rock vs
> Undertaker
The Rock, to get revenge on the Taker who I guess is the 'favourite'
> going into it.

HHH vs Angle
Triple H, for the same reason as
> above.

Jericho vs Austin
Most people disagree with me but I love Y2J as
> Champ, so I hope he wins this. I don't want another boring Austin reign, we need
> something new, and Jericho is giving us this. I'm hoping, and predicting, that
> Jericho will come out on top here.

My final words are: Where's Kane?

I don't know where Kane is. He used to be my favourite wrestler and he used to have a real mystique about him. I always (when I was younger before I get abuse) used to think he was really burned in the face and was fascinated by the Big Red Machine. The WWF is just wasting him. Maybe he should start speaking to give the character more depth. Just don't take his mask off
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
Goldust vs RVD
My prediction is Goldust, probably with a bit of cheatery though. RVD got revenge on Smackdown, and so I expect Goldust to get the victory tonight, maybe to push him a little bit.

Booker and Test vs Spike and Tazz
I'm going, and hoping for Booker and Test. Booker deserves a title, and while Tazz is a decent wrestler Spike is a waste of time. He goes in, gets beaten up the whole match, and then wins by some fluke right at the end, usually after a bit of help.

Edge vs Regal
*YAWN* I don't know, so my guess is Edge.

Tag Team Turmoil
I'm going to put my neck in it here. As massive fans of Scotty and Albert, and seeing the way they've been performing in their matches, I'm going to go for them. They deserve the push as they work well as a team. This match is extremely important for me, it's the first meaningful match my faves have had since...Summerslam 2000 where Too Cool lost in the grudge match to the RTC. C'mon WWF, give Scotty and Albert a chance-they're so much more talented than many of the other teams in this match! Please not the Hardys *YAWN*, I wish they'd broken up the Hardys and kept E and C.

Rock vs Undertaker
The Rock, to get revenge on the Taker who I guess is the 'favourite' going into it.

HHH vs Angle
Triple H, for the same reason as above.

Jericho vs Austin
Most people disagree with me but I love Y2J as Champ, so I hope he wins this. I don't want another boring Austin reign, we need something new, and Jericho is giving us this. I'm hoping, and predicting, that Jericho will come out on top here.

My final words are: Where's Kane?
Regular
Duh? Tell me what you think, whether you agree, just general chat, which is why we're he, isn't it?
Regular
Duh? Tell me what you think, whether you agree, just general chat, which is why we're her, isn't it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.