GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Loyal through and through."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/02/02 at 12:17
Regular
When the PS1 came out i was one of the first to get it and loved it, as i did with the PS2. I bought many games for them and love playing most of them still. But because i have 2 Sony machines like most over people, why should we have to feel loyal to that company? Everyday here on SR around the forums there are posts all the time saying that one console is better than another and that the person is going to stay loyal to there machine, whats the point in that? Your only putting yourself out of your own pleasure, i would much prefer to play and own all the consoles than just stick to one.

Right now i addmit i am more following Sony than any other console out there, because at the moment they are offering me the type of games that i want to play. Thats what got me to get a PS1. Before i got that i had a Nes, Snes and Mega Drive and loved to play all these games. But back then the genre types were basicly the same on both console, mostly side screen platformers. As you can see with 3 different consoles i was not loyal to one. But when PS1 came out it offered me the games that i wanted to play and so i spent more money on that than i had ever done before. When PS2 was released i bought it straight away as i knew i wanted to play more of the same, and with new stuff coming out i knew it was the one for me.

But that still does not mean that i am going to stick with Sony forever. As i type this now i have a GBA recently bought sat right next to me, made by Nintendo. Some of you Sony fans would never dream of such a thing as you loyalaties are too strong for you to admit that Sega, Nintendo and even Microsoft are capable of making some games that you will like to play. At this point last year when the DC was strong some of you were then saying that you would never touch it and that it was crap, there were daily wars on SR too. But now that Sega are making for the PS2 your opinions have all changed, Sega now make great games you say.

What good does being loyal bring to you, your missing out on other top games on other consoles. Would it not be better to have a large range of games available for you to choose from other than a smaller collection for your pick. Right now im thinking about buying a GC, if i can get enough cash i will as i know there will be some class games on there even though i have not owned a Nintendo console since Snes.

Some of us on the site though are not completely loyal to one console, and i feel we have a better advantage on gaming as we are not shutting ourselves off to other games, if only others would see this too then gaming would be a much more fun thing than it is already.

So what are your views on this? why are some of you too loyal to Sony, Nintendo or whatever.
Tue 29/05/12 at 22:48
Regular
A ride starting from the Hare n Hounds has been decided for Wednesday, route to be decided.
Tue 19/02/02 at 15:08
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
At the end of the day for anyone to say "My console is best - yours sucks" just comes down to ignorance and envy - At home we have an N64 in one room, a DC and PSone in another, PS2 upstairs and a GBC and a GBA, to me it's the games that count not the console, we are getting rid of our PSone soon simply because all the good games that we have can can be played on the PS2 as well.

When you were playing Tekken 3 on your PS one and someone else is playing Soul Caliber on their DC you say that the the DC is crap, why ? because your are envious that the other person was playing a vastly superior game at the time and you couldnt play it. And all the N64 owners were playing Mario Kart and you were stuck with Speed Freaks and Toon racer and you say the N64 is crap.

As I said before it is nothing to do with the consoles, it comes down to the quality of the games and the same is true of the PS2 - Look through the list of games that SR are selling and see how many you would class as great games - what percentage do you get 5% - 10% maybe, the N64 didnt have as many games issued but it would have still had he same kind of percentage as would the DC and prEsumably the X-Box and Gamecube will too.

Open your minds like PE said in his Post and remember that gaming is about having fun.
Sun 17/02/02 at 21:05
Or†ega wrote:

You noticed Final Fantasy X has a RRP of £49.99?

i saw it on saturday on american import for £45 so must just be different shops.
Sun 17/02/02 at 20:48
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I know what you mean, its pretty sad. Remember the old mags like Mean Machine ? How every month the picture section where people send their drawings would be overflowing with drawings of Mario killing Sonic and vice versa.
Not to mention the letters page ! You'd hope this kind of thing would die out. What makes you laugh is that you'll for instance have a Nintendo fan who will really rip into Sega games. But now that Sega are developing games for companies like Nintendo, these people are like "Yes !!! I can't wait to get Sonic !!!".

And before I get the Nintendo crew crashing down on me, I'm using that as an example.
Sun 17/02/02 at 18:04
Regular
"360: swfcman"
savatt1668 wrote:

I
> just remain open minded. If a console comes out and has games that I know I
> will enjoy at launch or in the pipeline, I'll buy it, regardless of company
> name.
Of course not everyone can afford to be like this and have to make a
> choice, but at the same time, give these other consoles a chance.

Thats what sometimes annoys me though, once a person buys a console and if they cant afford another one they just start to bad mouth all the competition when they really know what they are saying is complete rubbish.
Sun 17/02/02 at 15:16
Regular
alik wrote:
> N-64 also over priced their games and still do, who wants to pay between
> £40-50 when ps2 games are cheaper and a lot better!

You noticed Final Fantasy X has a RRP of £49.99?

Or†ega
Sun 17/02/02 at 14:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
As much as I liked certain games on the N64, there were plenty of crap games on it. Of course all consoles have bad games, everyone expects them. But with the N64 having a small range of games compared to plenty of other consoles past and present, the bad games stood out more.

For every 1 great game there were 3 crap games surrounding it. PS1 had loads of bad games, but because of its massive range, there were loads of excellent games to take your attention away from this fact more.

I don't see the point in loyalty to companies. If you go out to buy a big widescreen tv, you tend to go with the one that is the best quality you can afford. I don't know too many people that would say "well, actually I'll settle for this one cause even though the quality is crap, I always buy this name".

Fair enough if a company is still releasing quality games that you want to play. But I think its pretty stupid how people will slate other machines, defending a certain company. Its even more stupid when these people are blind when it comes to the failings of their favourite company's machines and software. They will rip into one console, then stamp their feet to the point of tears when someone makes a valid point back.

I just remain open minded. If a console comes out and has games that I know I will enjoy at launch or in the pipeline, I'll buy it, regardless of company name.
Of course not everyone can afford to be like this and have to make a choice, but at the same time, give these other consoles a chance. Don't just look at all the pro's for one name and only look for con's when it comes to the others. Look at everything on each console to make that decision. X-Box is expensive, but at the same time its not a price tag we've never seen before and plus you get a hard drive inside it that holds a massive amount of space. So when you think of memory cards for the other systems, are you really saving that much ?

Of course games are the main thing you want to look at. But try going to web sites or even buy a few magazines and look at what each console is offering. Not just at launch, but in the following months too.
Sun 17/02/02 at 12:59
N-64 also over priced their games and still do, who wants to pay between £40-50 when ps2 games are cheaper and a lot better!
Sun 17/02/02 at 12:51
Regular
"  "
To be perfectly honest i think it all comes down to money.....you buy the console u want and then stuff the rest because u realise that the more people that have the same console as you the more class games that will be on it because the company is getting more income.
Sun 17/02/02 at 12:49
ye but be honset there was a few good games but the majority of them were pants!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.