GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ZoneAlarm's new upgrade (+anti-virus)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/05/12 at 08:31
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
ZoneAlarm's latest upgrade offers free antivirus as part of the upgrade.

I've been using a combo of Zonealarm (firewall) and Avast (antivirus) for over 5 years without a single issue (as far as I know!) so I don't want to move from Avast unless ZoneAlarm's antivirus is as secure. I have looked up various reviews but they are not conclusive

Previously when I paid for an upgrade to ZoneAlarm (felt it was due more than I needed it) it caused major issues with other programs - so I had to roll back to the free version bizarrely. I mention this because I would like if possible to avoid similar pain.

Anyone have any experience/feedback

I am on Windows 7 64bit
Mon 14/05/12 at 10:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
My maxim exactly :¬)

The first link related to 'similar sounding' malware removal
Mon 14/05/12 at 10:18
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
DL wrote:
Hope you're not referring to this, webcity1:

ZA Antivirus Update

Maybe then, this review may be of some assistance:

Zone Alarm Free Antivirus

@DL I don't recognise the dirst link you sent me - don't know if it's a genuine ZA download

I has read that review - it doesn't seem damning although it does seem like Avast will still be a better antivirus tool

maybe I should stick with it.

follow the old maxim "if it aint broke..."

thanks for your feedback peeps
Mon 14/05/12 at 10:03
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hope you're not referring to this, webcity1:

ZA Antivirus Update

Maybe then, this review may be of some assistance:

Zone Alarm Free Antivirus
Mon 14/05/12 at 08:29
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
I don't know which windows version you are referring to, but last time I checked the Windows firewall did not block outgoing connections and was very inflexible in configuration. It was a while ago: maybe things have changed!

anyway I'm happy with ZA as a FireWall I'm really interested in what people think about the ZA antivirus
Sun 13/05/12 at 10:14
"Are you sure?"
I used to use ZoneAlarm back in the old 'dialup days' - But I've found the combination of the NAT firewall in a router with the standard Windows firewall work fine for me.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 13/05/12 at 08:31
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
ZoneAlarm's latest upgrade offers free antivirus as part of the upgrade.

I've been using a combo of Zonealarm (firewall) and Avast (antivirus) for over 5 years without a single issue (as far as I know!) so I don't want to move from Avast unless ZoneAlarm's antivirus is as secure. I have looked up various reviews but they are not conclusive

Previously when I paid for an upgrade to ZoneAlarm (felt it was due more than I needed it) it caused major issues with other programs - so I had to roll back to the free version bizarrely. I mention this because I would like if possible to avoid similar pain.

Anyone have any experience/feedback

I am on Windows 7 64bit

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.