GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 vs X-BOX"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 20:34
Regular
I know this might sound really childish but i beleive that the ps2 will absolutley wipe the flaw with Bill Gates' Microsoft X-Box, after all Bill Gates' is after a big sale to put him back as the richest man in the world.

On paper the x-box is a lot more powerful than the ps2, but i think that the up and coming games that are to be released on the ps2 are enough to make nybody think twice about purchasing an x-box.

Wreckless which was a very anticipated x-box title has just been recently released and it scored a low 67% which isn't good for level we expected. The only x-box game to live up to the hype so far is Halo, Halo is a futuristic shooter that has captured the imagination of the gaming world but it isn't enough to make people go and buy an x-box alone on the facts that it is ground-breaking.

The x-box can deliver the graphics and sound but the gameplay of the launch titles hasen't matched to what the gaming public were expecting. Microsoft are best left designing software for computers and they should leave the consoles to the might of Sony and the not so might of Nintendo.

Sony ever since the release of the Playstation 1 have ruled the gaming world and taken us one step closer to our ideal gaming world, games like Tomb-Raider, Tekken and Metal Gear Solid just to list a few have taken gaming into the 21st century.

The ps2 isn't listed as powerful as the x-box but the games that sony produce and other top gaming companies for the ps2 seem to rule the gaming market. Why don't Namco release Tekken 4 for the x-box? They know that the x-box will not sell as many copies as the ps2 because Sony have built respect between themselves and their customers. Nintendo tried to break into the chain of the Sony boom by releasing The N-64, but as we all know, it was a disaster bar a few top titles.

The ps2 can match the x-box on graphics, sound and gameplay even though the x-box is deemed more powerful than the ps2. When the x-box is released in the U.K it won't have an impact. When the ps2 was released there was chaos as people wanted to buy it straight away as they knew that the quality that Sony delivers is far greater then any other company.

Sony are well known in the electrical business for their class and quality in the products they design, Sony know what the public want with electrical equipment whether it be a Wide-Screen TV or latest MP3 player.

X-box cannot compeat with Sony from any corner, even on the x-box' first appearence there was a huge prolem and Bill Gates was left on stage with a boffed console and a dissappointed gaming public.

All of the people who I have spoken to agree that the x-box cannot match the might of the ps2, most of my friends got ps2' for christmas and they are all getting one for the release of Metal Gear Solid 2 which is sure to kill off the x-box which is launched a couple of weeks later.

Microsoft are respected for what they do, over priced pc equipment but at least it is quality, but they obviously haven't done any market reaserch with the price of the x-box, £300 without a game, they must be stupid, who in the right mind is going to shell out so much on a console that requires a new house to for storage space.

Now the ps2 is at a reasonable price and with yet another promised price-cut by Sony it is sure to conquer the not yet U.K appeared Microsoft X-box!

Which console do you beleive will win this ever entertaining was, are you with me on this one or do you think that the X-box is a dark horse that will make me eat my words and get one for this coming christmas.

Thankyou for reading and please give me your views.
Mon 18/02/02 at 09:07
i am going to get silent hill 2 i like adventure games!
Sun 17/02/02 at 20:44
it is between silent hill 2 and pro evolution but i arent sure which one to buy, any ideas?
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:34
no but i was thinking about getting it, when is it released in the U.K?
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:34
Silent Hill 2 is amazing I love it
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:31
Regular
have you preordered Final Fantasy X?
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:26
ye mgs2 will be ace but i already have it on pre-order!
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:25
i am a really big footie fan as well, i love all sports to play and watch but i just like games that follow stories like silent hill 2 but i do want pro evolution.
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:25
Regular
don't forget MGS 2
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:22
Regular
"360: swfcman"
alik wrote:
> i dont mind any game as long as its good, whats better pro evolution or Silent
> hill 2?

Oh i would still take Pro Evo over anything, but thats because im a really big football fan.
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:21
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Silent Hill 2 is a much better game than Resi, but i love Resi too. Silent Hill though has a much better atmosphere and it really does scare you at 2am in the morning. The graphics too are amazing and the story equals any Resi game, really recommend it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.