GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best country in the world?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/05/12 at 18:24
"possibly impossible"
Hold on. It might not be Merry Ol England, where Sir David of Cameron rules the land, trusty steed (or Clegg, if you like) by his side.

It might be Machie's home from home, Japan.

It might be my in-laws place, Spain.

It could be...anywhere!

So, what is your favourite country and why? The choice, as they said in an old TV show, is yours.
Wed 09/05/12 at 18:24
"possibly impossible"
Hold on. It might not be Merry Ol England, where Sir David of Cameron rules the land, trusty steed (or Clegg, if you like) by his side.

It might be Machie's home from home, Japan.

It might be my in-laws place, Spain.

It could be...anywhere!

So, what is your favourite country and why? The choice, as they said in an old TV show, is yours.
Wed 09/05/12 at 19:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
So, what is the best country in the world and why?

A bit of a rhetorical question that pb ... the best country in the world has got to be where you live at the moment!

If you've only visited a country, let's say for two weeks during the summer in Spain and had a really great time, then you might give that country as an answer! But it wouldn't be correct, would it!

:¬)
Wed 09/05/12 at 20:35
"possibly impossible"
DL wrote:
pb wrote:
[i]So, what is the best country in the world and why?

A bit of a rhetorical question that pb ... the best country in the world has got to be where you live at the moment!

If you've only visited a country, let's say for two weeks during the summer in Spain and had a really great time, then you might give that country as an answer! But it wouldn't be correct, would it!

:¬)[/i]

But what if you're having a miserable time in the country you are living in?
Wed 09/05/12 at 22:44
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
But what if you're having a miserable time in the country you are living in?

If you are, then tough! Do something about it ... but ...

you still can't answer a question like this, as you just don't know!

rewrite the question pb ... you know it makes sense
Thu 10/05/12 at 01:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I loved Paris but unfortunately it was filled with French people.

Belgium was quite nice driving through it but I'm not convinced I'd want to stay

Netherlands bored me but then I guess it's because I don't like hookers or pot.

Ireland was... well it was like England on a Sunday. The nightlife was a little better

For my money there's still no better place in Europe than London. Everything important is within walking distance, loads of variation, always busy, great food, fantastic architechture.

I would like to see Rome, don't give a toss about Barcelona, will inevitably end up seeing Portugal due to my girl, everything else is mountains and forests. Outside of Europe, I've targets on New York, Tokyo and Bali.
Thu 10/05/12 at 08:54
Regular
"And in last place.."
I for one, don't think England is the best country in the world but that is based on what DL said about residency.
Thu 10/05/12 at 09:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
dav2612 wrote:
I for one, don't think England is the best country in the world but that is based on what DL said about residency.

With that I will agree dav2612.

The question is asking for a value judgement to be made without any viable knowledge of the conditions that exist in other countries. All countries, compared with Britain, have their good points and I bet some seriously bad points. To make a statement that country X is the best, is simply not easy to do!

For me, I love Boston and would like to stay there for a much longer time. But even there, there were things that I preferred here. I love parts of France, but I couldn't say whether it's the best country in the world. I love Zakynthos and would also like to stay there for a longer time, but my Greek friends who live there go to their other homes on the mainland during the winter. So, what criteria constitutes the best country in the World? Best for what?
Thu 10/05/12 at 10:14
"possibly impossible"
Well, I can't change the title of the topic, though I've tried, but the wording has changed!
Thu 10/05/12 at 10:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nice one pb :¬)
Thu 10/05/12 at 13:36
Regular
Nin wrote:
I loved Paris but unfortunately it was filled with French people.

Bahahahah, this. Every twenty seconds I had to listen to "Don't you think Paris is the most beautiful city in the world?"

They also kept talking talking French around me despite everyone knowing Egnlish. When they started playing the piano it was like playing the Sims

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.