GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What happened to intelligent discussion?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/09/07 at 15:52
Regular
"lets go back"
I dont post for a while then when I return we are missing a forum. When did that one go?
Mon 10/09/07 at 15:40
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
If anyone doesn't want their moderator status, drop me an e-mail with the threads you no longer wish to moderate, and I will sort it out for you.
Mon 10/09/07 at 15:37
"possibly impossible"
Perhaps the question "What happened to intelligent discussion?" could be directed at the posts on the forums as much as a missing forum itself!

But for now I think it's ok to have it in General Chat. A filter (similar to the Games forum) would be good though. There just hasn't been enough traffic over the last year to warrant having a seperate forum for it at the moment.

If the site gets really busy again, and I mean really busy, I can't see them complaining about re-introducing it.
Mon 10/09/07 at 14:55
Regular
There's no need for so many moderators on these new merged forums though, as there is hardly any traffic.

I'll give up mine, I never liked sport much anyway.
Mon 10/09/07 at 04:45
Regular
I remember a time when the threads in the Intelligent Discussion forum were serious and people posted their well-drafted thoughts, beliefs, random emo-ness, psychotic outbursts for attention, spews of politics and hypocritical views of religion.. There were debates that would turn into hostile (albeit entertaining none the less!) arguing that would span beyond into other forums just for the sake of stickin' it to him. *ahem* Ah yes, the memories..

Anyways, it was just a common understanding to leave the spam, trolling, pummeling and ridiculing, cop pons, and "how's the weather" stuff in the General Shat.. I mean Chat.. and to atleast attempt to post some grammatically correct prose in ID.

I'm thinking Chaos is right about there just not being enough of anyone around to bother with so many forums, so they've condensed it all into the same shirt.
Sun 09/09/07 at 21:25
Regular
"Mooching around"
They killed it, and if this place ever did pick up again, we'd need it back :)
Sun 09/09/07 at 16:31
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Should you win a GAD, feel free to remind me at the time about that :p
Sun 09/09/07 at 16:12
"LOLLERSKATES!"
In all seriousness, I don't want the GAD which will inevitably be coming my way. So you can donate it to charity, Vexxxed.

I know you're a charity case, but don't keep the GAD, Vexxxed :$
Sun 09/09/07 at 16:09
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Yes, he is indeed correct, there have been a few mergings in the last couple of weeks.

And HA! is all I have to say to you Biggie :p
Sun 09/09/07 at 16:04
"LOLLERSKATES!"
It merged with General Chat, just like Wrestling merged with Sports.

Under the new rules, I win a GAD for this post :D

Which shall be donated to charity.
Sun 09/09/07 at 15:52
Regular
"lets go back"
I dont post for a while then when I return we are missing a forum. When did that one go?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.