GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box : Evolution or Revolution?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 11:29
Regular
That's up to you to decide. Is the X-Box really that special or is it just a mini PC that just uses advanced PC graphics?
Sat 16/02/02 at 12:05
I've held one and it's enough to put you off playing!
Sat 16/02/02 at 12:03
Regular
I agree, the Gamecube pad just fits perfectly round your hand, unlike the XBOX one
Sat 16/02/02 at 12:01
Ninty definetly have the best controllers... designed for comfort!
Sat 16/02/02 at 11:56
Regular
But at least the buttons on the Dreamcast pad were spaced out, on the XBOX pad they are squashed together
Sat 16/02/02 at 11:52
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
HelloHowAreYou wrote:
> How many PCs have microsoft made.. so far i dont think they have made any..

Good point, and RM the xbox control isn't that big, its not far off from the dreamcast one.
Sat 16/02/02 at 11:50
"slightlyshortertagl"
How many PCs have microsoft made.. so far i dont think they have made any..
Sat 16/02/02 at 11:47
Regular
Point taken, but what good is an accesible control system if you are using the bulkiest, most pathetic controller ever to use it?
Sat 16/02/02 at 11:42
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
They all have poor controls, especially Red Faction, which would of been such a good game idf only they has put more effort into the control system
Sat 16/02/02 at 11:40
Regular
What about Half-Life? Red Faction? Quake????
Sat 16/02/02 at 11:37
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
different consoles suit different people, xbox has a hell of a lot of wicked games coming out for it, it does have a high nubmer of fps due for release, but this is because they are targetign a weak point software wise on the ps2. Apart from Timesplitters, the controls for any ps2 fps are terrible, plus when you play Halo you will realise how bad ps2controls are for certain games. Ps2 is a pc of sorts, and if you look at the future sony has for it (including release of monitor, keyobard mouse hard drive etc) its obvious that the only console not trying to be the mystical everything is Gamecube.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.