GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uploading and posting an image from a form"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/09/07 at 15:20
Regular
Hi,

There are similar threads on this forum but nothing quite covers it.
I have a form on my web site with 3 text fields and 3 upload file fields.
www.yourfacefits.com/contact.htm
The form works ok for the text fields but I don't get the uploaded files.
They appear to upload and I don't get any error messages.

There is another post on this forum which covers everything you need to do (can't find it at the moment) but the last line says something like you still have to tell the server what to do with the file. I don't understand this as any instructions are in the Freeola PHP form mail script so where would I put new PHP script. I am asking users to upload images so I would also like to put in things like specify .jpg , max size etc. and have it emailed to me.

Can anyone help please. It seems easy to get another hosting company to use 3rd party formmail without the -f and sender address problems but I would rather stay where I am.

Thanks in advance
Thu 13/09/07 at 14:21
"Are you sure?"
Glad to hear you got things working.
As I mentioned in the thread Bob linked to (below), the tectite formmail script is very impressive, if not a little bloated as you mention - but then it does seem able to do ANYTHING!

For one implementation I did go through taking out all the code comments which drastically reduced the filesize - but took a long time to do. Lately I've just been using the code as it comes, and it still seems to work as well.

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 13/09/07 at 13:10
Regular
Thanks for your replies. I eventually managed to get the files uploading using tectite.com They have a very good set of howto online guides. The code for the form is nearly 10,000 lines long but very well documented. Also there is guidance on the changes needed for -f. I would definately recommend their formmail and site.
Fri 07/09/07 at 19:21
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
http://www.yourfacefits.com/html/contact.html is the page I believe you meant to give as the example. You can still do as you require using one of the many PHP upload and email scripts. A very good one can be found here
Fri 07/09/07 at 18:04
Fri 07/09/07 at 15:20
Regular
Hi,

There are similar threads on this forum but nothing quite covers it.
I have a form on my web site with 3 text fields and 3 upload file fields.
www.yourfacefits.com/contact.htm
The form works ok for the text fields but I don't get the uploaded files.
They appear to upload and I don't get any error messages.

There is another post on this forum which covers everything you need to do (can't find it at the moment) but the last line says something like you still have to tell the server what to do with the file. I don't understand this as any instructions are in the Freeola PHP form mail script so where would I put new PHP script. I am asking users to upload images so I would also like to put in things like specify .jpg , max size etc. and have it emailed to me.

Can anyone help please. It seems easy to get another hosting company to use 3rd party formmail without the -f and sender address problems but I would rather stay where I am.

Thanks in advance

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.