GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boy Bands"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/09/00 at 15:54
Regular
Boybands, they wind me up. Its like take five adolecent boys, dress them up nice, make them wear makeup and wax their bodies. Pick a few old classic records from the past, and take them to a studio. O.K. so none of them can sing, or at best one of the five, record them, send the tape to a music guru..who can make the shambles sound half good. Send the record to be mass produced. Meanwhile the boys appear in some teenage girly magazines, saying how they want to settle down and have a family. Hey presto! Theyre at number 1 in the UK charts, meaning all us sane music lovers have to suffer while this rubbish gets played on the radio for the next month. Plus these bunch of talentless individuals, get filthy rich. Lifes just not fair.
Tue 19/09/00 at 15:54
Boybands, they wind me up. Its like take five adolecent boys, dress them up nice, make them wear makeup and wax their bodies. Pick a few old classic records from the past, and take them to a studio. O.K. so none of them can sing, or at best one of the five, record them, send the tape to a music guru..who can make the shambles sound half good. Send the record to be mass produced. Meanwhile the boys appear in some teenage girly magazines, saying how they want to settle down and have a family. Hey presto! Theyre at number 1 in the UK charts, meaning all us sane music lovers have to suffer while this rubbish gets played on the radio for the next month. Plus these bunch of talentless individuals, get filthy rich. Lifes just not fair.
Wed 20/09/00 at 16:13
They are crap.
Wed 20/09/00 at 19:00
Regular
"Whatever!"
They wind me up so much. They completley ruin old classic songs and they are such idiots. Its like most music nowadays, most bands dont even know how to play instruments, yet they get fame, fortune and recognition worldwide. All you have to do thesedays is be able to sing a song, have good looks, act like a prat and before you know it youre a pop star? Its all wrong!!
Thu 21/09/00 at 14:11
Of course, what we haven't mentioned is that it's perfectly OK for girl bands to rise to success in that manner!!!!!!
Fri 22/09/00 at 11:29
Some Girl bands are obnoxious, like the spice girls I mean who cares about posh spice, I'm sick of seeing her on the cover of every magazine. However generally girl bands can at least sing, although your right they can be just as bad. Has anyone heard the new version of Girls Just Want to have fun..wasnt the original good enough, it didnt need to be done again.
Sun 15/10/00 at 13:15
Wed 17/01/01 at 00:40
"The pen is mightier"
Sadly, they make money - lots of money. Mostly for the Record companies. Its their only redeeming feature and the record bosses know that.
What we need to do it murder every teenage girl/boy in the world who BUYS the bloody cd`s - that`ll stop these bands from existing.... harsh but fair.
Wed 17/01/01 at 17:24
I agree.

Darkreaper
Tue 13/02/01 at 02:05
you think manufactured teenyboppa bands are bad just have a look what limp wristed have started america is in vading with there crappy unhappy music pappa roach is a gimp but enough of that my point being if any is that in two years time we will be moaning about that scene as we do about every scene its not the bands its the record companies milking the same idea dry untill they can't make anymore money from it simple as that so why not do your country a favour and kill a record executive and make the world a better place :)
Tue 27/02/01 at 22:05
Ok i hate pop music it realy gets me anoyed.
Its not enough the fact that these people are miming to tape and dancing in perfect syncronisation and monopolising the music charts but they force previously good bands to change their style of music to fit in with the "pop" style
take the offspring for example, before americana and their latest album they were a great band with some great punk/rock music. Now they release songs for the pop lovers, they are still a punk/rock band but just putting two albums on together (a new and old) you realise the difference imediatly.
I understand they have to do it for the money but its the stupid money loving record companies that are responsible.
damm their eyes

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.