GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games I would like to see made"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/09/00 at 13:09
Regular
I reckon they should make games based on the amazing John Carpenter films, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK and the sequel ESCAPE FROM L.A. These two films completley blew me away when I first saw them. The excellent story line and great creation of characters would be welcomed in the world of video gaming.
The main character Snake Plisscan (played by Kurt Russell in the films) could be mistaken for Metal Gear Solids own Solid Snake. He is charged with breaking over twenty accounts of federal law, and has been chosen to be sent out to these cities in order to find the president and bring him back alive. Then in the sequel, sent out to Los Angeles to find the Presidents Daughter and bring back a Doomsday device. In both films though, to make sure he doesnt use this as an excuse to do a runner, he is injected with certain bugs which gives him about twenty hours to live. Only if he does what he is asked, they will de-bug him of the disease. The cities of both New York and L.A have been destructed and now sit in ruins, and cut off from the rest of the United States to be used as a prison. In both states there are criminals, muderers, deformed beings and the most dangerous people in America. They have all been sentenced to live out the rest of their lives on the 'now islands' of N.Y and L.A.
Snake has to get past the most violent people in order to complete his given tasks, and being an action/thriller movie he does just that - but not without its problems.
Anyway back to the idea of making games out of these films. I think it would work well in a Hidden and Dangerous style of gameplay. Better in a Tomb Raider perspective but with the first person view to get more detail. The tasks of the game could follow the film plots, so in N.Y you make your way through the city ruins, past violent gangs and only a few friendly people to help you out. Then by following your detector you must track down the president and get him to a meeting point where he will be whisked away to saftey. In L.A using the same sort of method you must find the presidents daughter who has run off with a doomsday device and bring them both back safely. Sounds simple but the cities should be real cities. In other words, you have the freedom to do and go where ever you want. With people around every corner you must be careful, and musnt run in to gangs as you would be hunted. Even using different parts of the films as sub games would be an idea. N.Y had a scene where Snake had to fight this huge boss in a wrestling ring in a fight to the death. In L.A Snake had to shoot baskets, getting ten points in five shots, given ten seconds for each shot and if he failed everyone would shoot him. The enviroments should be fully interactive, so if your low on ammo finding things in the backdrops will help you out. Snake is armed with weapons and gadgets before each mission. Guns, detectors and a device for contact back at the base for tips and to get orders.
The graphics could be fully 3-D, or by using static backdrops like Res Evil for more detail. When you contact base there should be real time interaction, orders given to help guide you.
This game could be the new Metal Gear Solid and would be an excellent use of an underrated film title. By using the 128 bit power of next generation consoles there would be no limits how this game could be done.
I would love it if they made these two titles into a game, and if you havent seen these films yet then I strongly recommend that you do.
Wed 20/09/00 at 13:09
Regular
"Whatever!"
I reckon they should make games based on the amazing John Carpenter films, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK and the sequel ESCAPE FROM L.A. These two films completley blew me away when I first saw them. The excellent story line and great creation of characters would be welcomed in the world of video gaming.
The main character Snake Plisscan (played by Kurt Russell in the films) could be mistaken for Metal Gear Solids own Solid Snake. He is charged with breaking over twenty accounts of federal law, and has been chosen to be sent out to these cities in order to find the president and bring him back alive. Then in the sequel, sent out to Los Angeles to find the Presidents Daughter and bring back a Doomsday device. In both films though, to make sure he doesnt use this as an excuse to do a runner, he is injected with certain bugs which gives him about twenty hours to live. Only if he does what he is asked, they will de-bug him of the disease. The cities of both New York and L.A have been destructed and now sit in ruins, and cut off from the rest of the United States to be used as a prison. In both states there are criminals, muderers, deformed beings and the most dangerous people in America. They have all been sentenced to live out the rest of their lives on the 'now islands' of N.Y and L.A.
Snake has to get past the most violent people in order to complete his given tasks, and being an action/thriller movie he does just that - but not without its problems.
Anyway back to the idea of making games out of these films. I think it would work well in a Hidden and Dangerous style of gameplay. Better in a Tomb Raider perspective but with the first person view to get more detail. The tasks of the game could follow the film plots, so in N.Y you make your way through the city ruins, past violent gangs and only a few friendly people to help you out. Then by following your detector you must track down the president and get him to a meeting point where he will be whisked away to saftey. In L.A using the same sort of method you must find the presidents daughter who has run off with a doomsday device and bring them both back safely. Sounds simple but the cities should be real cities. In other words, you have the freedom to do and go where ever you want. With people around every corner you must be careful, and musnt run in to gangs as you would be hunted. Even using different parts of the films as sub games would be an idea. N.Y had a scene where Snake had to fight this huge boss in a wrestling ring in a fight to the death. In L.A Snake had to shoot baskets, getting ten points in five shots, given ten seconds for each shot and if he failed everyone would shoot him. The enviroments should be fully interactive, so if your low on ammo finding things in the backdrops will help you out. Snake is armed with weapons and gadgets before each mission. Guns, detectors and a device for contact back at the base for tips and to get orders.
The graphics could be fully 3-D, or by using static backdrops like Res Evil for more detail. When you contact base there should be real time interaction, orders given to help guide you.
This game could be the new Metal Gear Solid and would be an excellent use of an underrated film title. By using the 128 bit power of next generation consoles there would be no limits how this game could be done.
I would love it if they made these two titles into a game, and if you havent seen these films yet then I strongly recommend that you do.
Wed 20/09/00 at 19:14
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Wow, did anybody else read all of this or was it just me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.