GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega GT and how i was very very wrong :("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sega GT'.
Sun 15/12/02 at 17:33
Regular
Managed to get sav to open his sega GT freebie from another game mechant ;)

anyway was playing this baby for hours, the drag racing is my fave, cracked my clio sport which i one up to 290bhp and had to change the tires due to bad wheel spin LOL but be careful when upgrading your car as the game gets a lot harder and you can mess the handling like i did, i updated tires and engine and left brakes and suspension as standard. what i ended up with was a V6 24valve turbocharged missle that turned as well as a bus.

oh well can't wait till xmas as i'll be playing sega GT all day i think.

i based my view of the game on a dodgy demo, and thanks to sega for tweeking it make a game better (dare i say it) than Gran Tourismo :)

anyway i was wrong and thought i'd admit it to all for some unknown and stupid reason
Sun 15/12/02 at 21:50
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
wonder how much I could pick this up for considering its in a bundle?
Sun 15/12/02 at 20:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah its an excellent game. :-)
I also love those little extra bits about it - being able to take pics during replays of your races and hanging them on your garage wall, being able to buy pointless stuff like a tool box so its on display in your garage with your pics and torphies.

Then theres the bits like seeing your car leave the garage and seeing cars you've put up for sale sitting outside with a little "for sale" sign. :-)
Its done better as well so you can put a price tag you want to sell the car for instead of just having to accept the crap money a dealer will give you. :-)
Sun 15/12/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I hated GT3 on PS2 because, as I've said before, I am clueless about cars. All I know about mine is where the petrol goes in, and that it starts when I turn the key, so I was expecting to hate Sega Gt2002.

But oh no, I was wrong, and it's one of my favourite games, helped by the fact that it doesn't bury you in tech specs like GT3 did, it's just "buy this and it does THIS to your speed e.t.c". Nice and clear, and being able to play your own music is a real bonus - I hated GT3's Britpop (Sh$tpop more like) tracks.

Great game, and runs perfectly.

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 15/12/02 at 20:12
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
hmmmm conflicting views here. I liked sega gt on the dc so I will probably like this one too.
Sun 15/12/02 at 17:33
Managed to get sav to open his sega GT freebie from another game mechant ;)

anyway was playing this baby for hours, the drag racing is my fave, cracked my clio sport which i one up to 290bhp and had to change the tires due to bad wheel spin LOL but be careful when upgrading your car as the game gets a lot harder and you can mess the handling like i did, i updated tires and engine and left brakes and suspension as standard. what i ended up with was a V6 24valve turbocharged missle that turned as well as a bus.

oh well can't wait till xmas as i'll be playing sega GT all day i think.

i based my view of the game on a dodgy demo, and thanks to sega for tweeking it make a game better (dare i say it) than Gran Tourismo :)

anyway i was wrong and thought i'd admit it to all for some unknown and stupid reason

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.