GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help (Memory Related)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 20:08
Regular
How do you save your system configuration on a memory card
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:08
How do you save your system configuration on a memory card
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:11
Regular
system configuration? dont it just save auto matically?
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:14
Regular
The first time i turned on my ps2 it asked me to put in all the configurations (got me a bit enoyed at 9 on christmas morning) and then it saved it.
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:15
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
System config saves automatically.

If you mean the PS1 settings such as smoothing and disk speed, you have to set that up every time. It won't save.
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:17
Regular
whenever i play a ps1 game on my ps2 it looks all liney and crap.

any help?
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:37
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
What do you mean? Do you mean that the game is completely inpossible to play because of that problem, or do you mean that the game just has worse graphics than the PS2 games.

Obviously, when you play a PS1 game on the PS2, the graphics aren't going to be much better, even if you have the smooth thingy on. In fact, I've never noticed any difference with the smoothing on. Any way, the graphics are going to be much worse as they are not PS2 games.

Having said that, the graphics should NOT be any worse then if you play it on a PS1. If you can get hold of a PS1, then try it out, and compare them. It should be the same, or better than the PS1. If not you have a problem.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but the PS2 doesn't perform miracles.
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:41
Regular
and put the disc speed to fast, it loads really quick
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:44
Regular
TomUK wrote:
> What do you mean? Do you mean that the game is completely inpossible to play
> because of that problem, or do you mean that the game just has worse graphics
> than the PS2 games.

Obviously, when you play a PS1 game on the PS2, the
> graphics aren't going to be much better, even if you have the smooth thingy on.
> In fact, I've never noticed any difference with the smoothing on. Any way, the
> graphics are going to be much worse as they are not PS2 games.

Having said
> that, the graphics should NOT be any worse then if you play it on a PS1. If you
> can get hold of a PS1, then try it out, and compare them. It should be the same,
> or better than the PS1. If not you have a problem.

I'm not quite sure what
> you mean, but the PS2 doesn't perform miracles.

the graphics arnt as good as they were on ps1, i thourght it might have been somthing to do with the conection to my t.v, and theres no need to treat me like i'm stupid.
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:45
Regular
Kid Rock wrote:
> and put the disc speed to fast, it loads really quick

it works a wonder on premier manager 99.
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:47
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Legendary Link wrote:

> and theres no need to treat me like i'm stupid.

I wasn't trying to treat you like you were stupid. Its just a mistake that a lot of my friends have made. They instantly think that the PS2 will perform a miracle, and suddenly make the games look lovely and smooth. If that was true, no one would bother making PS2 games :D

I would advise that you ring sony (enjoy the music) or wait for anyone else on this forums to reply, as I haven't got a clue.

"As the tree said to the lumberjack, 'I'm stumped!'"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.