GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In need of reasons to keep Wipeout Fusion"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 19:37
Regular
I was really disappointed with this game :-( Tomorrow I'm trading in some games to knock a lump off the price off the X-Box and Halo. Wipeout is in this little pile.

Thing is theres something telling me to give it another chance, like I've approached it wrong or I'm missing some key thing to winning races and stuff.
I want to play it but at the same time it just seems like I'm gonna get really annoyed with it again.
Thu 14/02/02 at 19:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I was really disappointed with this game :-( Tomorrow I'm trading in some games to knock a lump off the price off the X-Box and Halo. Wipeout is in this little pile.

Thing is theres something telling me to give it another chance, like I've approached it wrong or I'm missing some key thing to winning races and stuff.
I want to play it but at the same time it just seems like I'm gonna get really annoyed with it again.
Thu 14/02/02 at 19:51
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Key things to winning races:

Follow the track.
Avoid the walls.
Avoid the other racers.
Shoot the other races a lot.

But seriously, how long have you played it for? Because getting used to the handling was really strange for me. I was much more used to the F-zero X type of handling. I didn't like all the sliding around at first but once you get used to it, it is a really good game.
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well it seems like its more luck than judgement to win. The handling can really make racing a frustrating affair cause when bends suddenly pop up on you, the handling is so bad that it seems pretty much impossible to win a race from your reactions. Its like you have to play the race to the point of knowing every turn from memory before you can have a realistic chance of winning and I don't like that.

Of course its not a challenge to just easily win every race first time you play, but at the same time its not a lot of fun going to a new track knowing your gonna get murdered and that this will be a practise attempt to try and remember where all the annoying corners are.

Don't get me wrong, its a great looking game, but it all seems like you have to remember every bend of a damn track before you can realistically compete. I liked F-Zero a lot, I went into every race to try and win. I just don't feel like I can race a track on this and enjoy it till I've covered it to the extent of boredom.
Fri 15/02/02 at 09:35
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Further into the gama it does get so difficult just to see the track!
But imagine the satisfaction of completing it 100 %
Go on give it another go.
Fri 15/02/02 at 10:12
Regular
WipeOut was always style over substance. I just can't endure the endless banging into walls. I hate it. Also have done. If you want a relaxing, trancey game - buy Rez.
Fri 15/02/02 at 11:44
Rez is boredom to another level and thats after me liking it at first
Fri 15/02/02 at 12:14
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The PS owes alot to Wipeout but thats 7 years ago now - they are still using the same format and beefing up the graphics and trying to shift bucketloads of the game. It has always been about learning the tracks to know when to start to turn and that hasn't changed with Fusion. I think Fusion is another case of a sequel to far.
Fri 15/02/02 at 13:14
i dislike the game because of the level of boredom it brings, i only have the demo but i beleive that it is the most boring game i have ever played, not rubbish just boring.
Fri 15/02/02 at 14:40
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Whatever Wipeout is it has never been boring
Sat 16/02/02 at 04:14
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well it came within seconds of being traded in, but a change of heart as my hand went into my backpack saved it. I played it till 5:30 yesterday morning....I earned a bunch of weapons doing the challenges - even did all the Feisar challenges including the Gold challenge, plus I got through the first league, etc.

It seems to be a love hate relationship with me and this game. I got myself into a mood to play it again only to find that the stuff I did hadn't saved to the memory card......hours of play and swearing, all for nothing cause I thought it was on an auto-save.

Anyway, after throwing a John Cleese style fit I forced myself to pick up the controller and redo everything I did the night before. After another session of swearing and enduring the voices in the other room saying "Its only a game !", I have managed to get back everything I did before, plus a little extra.

THIS time, the poxy thing is on the memory card. Got the super weapons for Feisar and Van-Uber, having problems with G-Tech though - could be because this team seem to like riding in skips on wheels with no steering.

Still working out how to earn more pilots and the Auricom team. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find out after a good amount of "reorganising" the stuff in my room.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.