GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 - Noisy Fan"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 16:45
Regular
Just bought my pS2 - Dont know if this has been covered before - If so sorry but I am new here ! The only thing that bugs me is the noise the fan makes - how can you watch DVD's with the noise in the background - anyone have any suggestions to make it quieter ?
Thu 14/02/02 at 16:45
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Just bought my pS2 - Dont know if this has been covered before - If so sorry but I am new here ! The only thing that bugs me is the noise the fan makes - how can you watch DVD's with the noise in the background - anyone have any suggestions to make it quieter ?
Thu 14/02/02 at 16:52
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Turn up the volume on your tv. It isn't that bad once you start playing in fact I hardly ever notice it when I am playing games or watching DVD's
Thu 14/02/02 at 16:58
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I too never notice it unless i put an old game like Fifa 2001 in which is on CD, though even Pro Evo is quiet.
Thu 14/02/02 at 17:16
"High polygon count"
Mine also is barely noticable.

You could always stick a pen in the back to stop it turning. :-)
Thu 14/02/02 at 17:28
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Dont think that would do it much good though !!
Thu 14/02/02 at 17:32
"©opy Right™"
Ny mate sleeping over at the weekend and we watch loads od dvds so really need so tips on making it quieter.
Thu 14/02/02 at 17:40
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well there is nothing you can do, apart from put a bag or something over it, might over heat then though.
Thu 14/02/02 at 19:06
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Does your TV have a cabinet with the glass front? Mine does, if you put it in there and close the door, you can hardly hear it!

Just make sure that the cabinet has a lot of ventilation (at the back).

If not, just turn the volume up, or sit futher away.
Thu 14/02/02 at 19:09
Regular
The PS2 stand aparently takes some noise away, but i don't know cause i've never used it without it.
Fri 15/02/02 at 20:03
Regular
My PS2 has a noisy fan. Me.

I am my PS2`s biggest fan, and I absolutely love to talk about it.

I have taken mine for walks in the park, romantic strolls down moonlit paths by the harbour side, and even to McDonalds once. I have big plans to go and see Episode 2 with it at the cinema.

As yet we have no wedding plans, however, if the moment is right during a session of Tony Hawks or something, I may pop the question!

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.