GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*sniff*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 13:06
Regular
I used to hate school (it was 20 years ago, yet I still know I hate it). But strangely I got an email from an old school friend who I hadn't seen for 2 decades yesterday, saying 'Hi, remember me?' and all the fun memories came flooding back.

He's now a massive Quake/UT and flight sim fan, works for IBM, and we've started emailing each other with lots of 'do you remember when...?' type emails.

It's all because I signed up at friendsreunited.co.uk (it's free, but unless you manage to insert your email address in your profile without them noticing it'll cost people £5 a year to email you). It's a great site where you just find your school, insert the year you left, and it brings up a list of all the other kids that left the same year as you, and you can scroll a year or two either side if you left early or late and catch up with all your old mates. Most of them have profiles as well, you can add yours to let people know what you're doing now.

(The girl I had a crush on in the school band turns out to be married, one kid, living in Australia. Damn...).

They've just added workplaces on there too, Special Reserve Limited is even listed, so you can catch up with old workmates in previous jobs and so on.

I'm now off to locate Terry Madden, who, whilst we worked together at PJ Sales Ltd in 1993, borrowed my copy of Super Smash TV for the Megadrive and never gave it back. I'm hoping he's still got it or there'll be trouble.
Thu 14/02/02 at 13:06
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I used to hate school (it was 20 years ago, yet I still know I hate it). But strangely I got an email from an old school friend who I hadn't seen for 2 decades yesterday, saying 'Hi, remember me?' and all the fun memories came flooding back.

He's now a massive Quake/UT and flight sim fan, works for IBM, and we've started emailing each other with lots of 'do you remember when...?' type emails.

It's all because I signed up at friendsreunited.co.uk (it's free, but unless you manage to insert your email address in your profile without them noticing it'll cost people £5 a year to email you). It's a great site where you just find your school, insert the year you left, and it brings up a list of all the other kids that left the same year as you, and you can scroll a year or two either side if you left early or late and catch up with all your old mates. Most of them have profiles as well, you can add yours to let people know what you're doing now.

(The girl I had a crush on in the school band turns out to be married, one kid, living in Australia. Damn...).

They've just added workplaces on there too, Special Reserve Limited is even listed, so you can catch up with old workmates in previous jobs and so on.

I'm now off to locate Terry Madden, who, whilst we worked together at PJ Sales Ltd in 1993, borrowed my copy of Super Smash TV for the Megadrive and never gave it back. I'm hoping he's still got it or there'll be trouble.
Thu 14/02/02 at 13:07
Regular
"Acid Casual"
This sounds like one of those 'make money fast' emails.
Thu 14/02/02 at 13:09
Regular
"Not your monkey"
I registered there too.

Great idea for a web site that. Didn't leave school as long ago as you but still interesting to know what my old friends are doing.

My dad went for dinner with someone he hadn't seen for 34 years because of that website.
Thu 14/02/02 at 13:11
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Can be bad though. My dad was contacted by a minger he knew years ago and was extremely relieved to see the back of. Now shes found him though and has been plaguing him with love-letters ever since.
Thu 14/02/02 at 13:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yeah, my Dad signed up for that. It meant he had a few more people coming to his 40th back in May. Gawd...there was no room to breath in the dining room, which, as you may have guessed, had all the food in it.
Thu 14/02/02 at 13:38
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I signed up about a week ago. Im still at school (my last year) but I joined anyway as I probably will forget after I leave.
Thu 14/02/02 at 14:01
Regular
"not dead"
I signed up, and was amazed by some of the other people that had signed up too.

Nobody ever expected Stinky Lee to develop the skills necessary to use a computer.
Thu 14/02/02 at 14:09
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I signed up to them, and have only got 1 email so far, but then thats probably because I signed up my name in a different year so I could see everyone else without them seeing me.
Thu 14/02/02 at 16:06
Regular
"Wasting away"
I'm not sure that I'd actually want to see anyone from my school once I've left. I'll probably get shot or something before a 20 year reunion, anyways.
Thu 14/02/02 at 16:10
Regular
I was going to sign up, but then I realised I'm still in school, and I can see them any day.

Damn.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.