GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Make all your games BETTER instantly........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 12:25
Regular
Simple and easy process here, so it wont hurt your head that much. To put it simply, get a life.......#

Look outside every once in a while and get some fresh air, take gaming in moderation. Prioritise your life, get your head straight, and games become a much better hobby, oh wait a minute, I think I just hit the nail on the head there. Gaming is a hobby, not a way of life.

Sony have a lot to answer for with their branding of the Playstation as a way of life. Most people will be at school or in some sort of education here, another few will have proper jobs. Most people will have friends, and an extra few will have a good partner. So try to work your games around these, and not your life around games. Believe me, it works.

Games are appealing if you only play them when you have nothing else to do. Got some really boring homework to do for tomorrow morning?? then get it bleedin' well done, then pick up that game that has been taking up all the time you should have been doing your homework, and you'll be massively surprised at how much you enjoy that game.

Gaming and friends can be added together too. Why not have a good night in in front of the telly and your console every now and again?? A few drinks (non alcoholic for the youngsters around here ;) ), some munchies and a brilliant multi-player game wont go without some form of enjoyment.

This ideal situation reminds me of a pub in Tenerife. Good music, good drink, good pool tables, good mates, and a Playstation in the corner. Everyone had a good time, there was no matcho scuffling, because the challenges were set at another game of FIFA, or another game of pool. The West Ham supporters were shocked and amazed when Dundee managed to beat them 6-2 ;).

Gaming needs to be a social event to bring people together, not drive them apart through rivalries and squabbles, and when you look at it in all fairness, it does a great job when it's allowed.
Thu 14/02/02 at 12:25
Regular
Simple and easy process here, so it wont hurt your head that much. To put it simply, get a life.......#

Look outside every once in a while and get some fresh air, take gaming in moderation. Prioritise your life, get your head straight, and games become a much better hobby, oh wait a minute, I think I just hit the nail on the head there. Gaming is a hobby, not a way of life.

Sony have a lot to answer for with their branding of the Playstation as a way of life. Most people will be at school or in some sort of education here, another few will have proper jobs. Most people will have friends, and an extra few will have a good partner. So try to work your games around these, and not your life around games. Believe me, it works.

Games are appealing if you only play them when you have nothing else to do. Got some really boring homework to do for tomorrow morning?? then get it bleedin' well done, then pick up that game that has been taking up all the time you should have been doing your homework, and you'll be massively surprised at how much you enjoy that game.

Gaming and friends can be added together too. Why not have a good night in in front of the telly and your console every now and again?? A few drinks (non alcoholic for the youngsters around here ;) ), some munchies and a brilliant multi-player game wont go without some form of enjoyment.

This ideal situation reminds me of a pub in Tenerife. Good music, good drink, good pool tables, good mates, and a Playstation in the corner. Everyone had a good time, there was no matcho scuffling, because the challenges were set at another game of FIFA, or another game of pool. The West Ham supporters were shocked and amazed when Dundee managed to beat them 6-2 ;).

Gaming needs to be a social event to bring people together, not drive them apart through rivalries and squabbles, and when you look at it in all fairness, it does a great job when it's allowed.
Thu 14/02/02 at 12:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, you're right that we shouldn't make games our life and should get out more. I think that's what we all do though so there's no problems there. But gaming is highly addictive, and can consume many hours of your life.
Shouldn't you have made the title something like 'Do NOT make gaming you life!!'???
Thu 14/02/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Solskjær_24 wrote:
> Yeah, you're right that we shouldn't make games our life and should get out
> more. I think that's what we all do though so there's no problems there. But
> gaming is highly addictive, and can consume many hours of your life.
Shouldn't
> you have made the title something like 'Do NOT make gaming you life!!'???

Nah, the current title appeals to more people!
Thu 14/02/02 at 13:53
Regular
I've been telling you this for ages, and now Bonus says it, you all listen? Bah.
Thu 14/02/02 at 13:57
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I have been practising this for many a year now.

My Yin & Yang are perfectly balanced.

Pass the wheatcake, light another joss stick.
Thu 14/02/02 at 15:13
Regular
Alright, I will. But I'm taking my Gameboy. :0)

Seriously, it's not summer. It's winter, and it's cold, and I've got a cold. So I stay indoors, write on here, and play games.

When it IS summer, I'll be on the beach.
Thu 14/02/02 at 15:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
When it is summer, I'll still be playing Gran Turismo 3 and Metal Gear Solid 2. I'll probably also have Moto GP 2 and Deus Ex as well by then. How I'm going to fit it all in I have no idea. And then there's all the online games I'm hooked up to like Legend of Mir (big update due in 6 months), Planetarion (the only time I'm not on IRC is if there's a powercut) and so on. What's a 'beach'?

The day that a PS2 emulator becomes standard in a water-proof Notebook PC which has an 8 hour powerpack and autosave on shutdown, that's the day you'll probably find me outside. Whereever that is.
Thu 14/02/02 at 15:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ah but what if there is nothing outside to go out for, the only entertainment around here is loitering in parks and outside shops, to me thats more sad than playing games.
Fri 15/02/02 at 10:17
Regular
"Acid Casual"
You've obviously never mugged an old lady then?

:)
Fri 15/02/02 at 13:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Craw wrote:
> You've obviously never mugged an old lady then?

:)

Indeed i have not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.