GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blog"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/04/12 at 08:45
Regular
I have set up a blog page on one of my sites but posts do not seem to be picking up "todays date" but are being allocated to a date last month.
Have I missed something in the set up?
Thu 05/04/12 at 15:08
Regular
Thanks
Thu 05/04/12 at 15:05
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Only you can write blog posts as you have to login to your MyFreeola account to edit InstantPro.
Thu 05/04/12 at 12:19
Regular
Yep - as anticipated it was me being dim.

Can anyone else but myself write new posts rather than just comment on my posts?
Thu 05/04/12 at 11:44
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Having looked at the site on your account that has a blog, I think you're getting confused between blog posts and blog comments. You have one blog post, which was written and posted in March. You then have 2 comments on this post made in April.
The drop down is title Display comments from posts made in: So as you only have one post it only displays March. The idea is that you first select a post (filtered by the month it was made) to see the comments for that post. These are displayed in date order.
Thu 05/04/12 at 11:25
Regular
The date on the individual posts are correct but although the posts were recorded in April, only March 2012 appears in the drop down box and includes the two posts - weird or what?
Thu 05/04/12 at 10:39
Regular
teepee wrote:
I used the instantpro website builder. Is the date set automatic or is it a parameter I have to set up on page settings or something?

The date is set automatically by the website builder, and should be correct at all times. I just published a new blog post to my InstantPro blog, and the date shows correctly for me.

Could you please get in touch with the Help & Support department, and provide the details of your website and the blog post in question? They'll be able to investigate for you and get it sorted.

You can send a support ticket, and someone will get back to you shortly.
Thu 05/04/12 at 10:17
"Are you sure?"
Hi - that should be all automatic.

Perhaps if a staffie doesn't pick up your post it might be worth submitting a Support Ticket so they can investigate for you.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 05/04/12 at 09:50
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Is you BLOG a Freeola hosted one or a self-installed one?

I've just tried a test blog entry on my Freeola Instant Pro blog and the date seems fine.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site

I used the instantpro website builder. Is the date set automatic or is it a parameter I have to set up on page settings or something?
Thu 05/04/12 at 09:40
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Is you BLOG a Freeola hosted one or a self-installed one?

I've just tried a test blog entry on my Freeola Instant Pro blog and the date seems fine.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Thu 05/04/12 at 08:45
Regular
I have set up a blog page on one of my sites but posts do not seem to be picking up "todays date" but are being allocated to a date last month.
Have I missed something in the set up?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.