GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which games are better, ZELDA or MARIO"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 08:06
Regular
Mario has been around since the first nintendo console,theres been lots of games with him in and the gameplay is fantastic, you never get board of playing.
But then the first Zelda game was released and it was the first game where you could actually save your game progress,theres lots of puzzels to solve and theres always something you can be doing to improve your game.
The nintendo 64 brings to life these games instead of the 2-D snes or nes,so which do you thinks better:

Super Mario 64 brings mario to life in full 3-D and you can see him mashing his enemies in wonderful graphics.With lots of fun levels is this the best Mario game yet?Theres always a challenge buts its abit easy to complete but its harder to collect all the stars.

The Legend of Zelda OoT brings link and zelda and the land of hyrule to life in an all new 3-D game.Theres lots of dungeons and even more enemies to slice up.This game has great depth and some argue its the best game ever produced.It takes alot of time to complete the game and its near impossible to have a perfect game. I think Zelda is better than Mario but what do you think??
Thu 14/02/02 at 08:06
Regular
"'Excellent....'"
Mario has been around since the first nintendo console,theres been lots of games with him in and the gameplay is fantastic, you never get board of playing.
But then the first Zelda game was released and it was the first game where you could actually save your game progress,theres lots of puzzels to solve and theres always something you can be doing to improve your game.
The nintendo 64 brings to life these games instead of the 2-D snes or nes,so which do you thinks better:

Super Mario 64 brings mario to life in full 3-D and you can see him mashing his enemies in wonderful graphics.With lots of fun levels is this the best Mario game yet?Theres always a challenge buts its abit easy to complete but its harder to collect all the stars.

The Legend of Zelda OoT brings link and zelda and the land of hyrule to life in an all new 3-D game.Theres lots of dungeons and even more enemies to slice up.This game has great depth and some argue its the best game ever produced.It takes alot of time to complete the game and its near impossible to have a perfect game. I think Zelda is better than Mario but what do you think??
Thu 14/02/02 at 09:22
Regular
zelda is a lot better than mario on the N64, but ocarina of time was better than majora's mask
Thu 14/02/02 at 09:26
Regular
"not dead"
I think Mario is better for an easy to get in o enjoyable gaming experience, but Zelda is better as an epic quest type thing.

Does MC Grammar wear big baggy trousers with a knee-high crutch?
Thu 14/02/02 at 09:28
Regular
It's Grammar Time....

And I live in a big mansion in hollywood marking english essays. Lets see homer try to change Grammar into homer
Thu 14/02/02 at 09:38
in their respective genres the two titles are 2nd to none , but these games are so different from each other its unfair to compare them, they are though both brilliant games that will always stand the test of time.
Thu 14/02/02 at 11:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think that Zelda is slightly better, ever since it first appeared on the N64, in brilliant 3-D form. It's also considered better as it's a big, long series of numerous games, unlke Mario which has a shorter average per-console now, than it did in the begining.

But Mario games are still brillaint and the N64 was in desperate need of a Mario 64 sequel to keep it alive! Somehow I don't feel that Mario Sunshine will be a great sequel, but it should still be another great Mario game!
Thu 14/02/02 at 15:22
i think mario is much better, lets hope a good version appears on the gamecube fast.
Thu 14/02/02 at 16:09
Regular
I got the Zelda Oracle of Ages on GBC and I found the Zelda-Mario style sections a joy, where you jump around on the platforms with the side-on view.
Fri 15/02/02 at 12:51
Regular
"'Excellent....'"
MC Grammar wrote:
> zelda is a lot better than mario on the N64, but ocarina of time was better than
> majora's mask

without a doubt

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.