GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"emails from Thunderbird"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/04/12 at 09:08
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
Is anyone else having issues with retrieving emails from Thunderbird (or other progs)?

I had a while where I was getting an error from Freeola yesterday, but could access via webmail

also I am receiving email from non-freeola accounts (both pop and smtp) other

It's happening again now, I've submitted a support ticket but I just wanted to see if anyone was having similar issues:

FYI

I'm using Thunderbird 12.0 on Windows 7 64 bit
Wed 04/04/12 at 23:03
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
webcity1 wrote:
[i]I realise I'm speaking to myself here...

...and I thought that it was DL's and my own reply that weren't being seen :¬P [/i]

que pases? ;¬)
Wed 04/04/12 at 19:09
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
sorry I did see your replies. didn't mean to be rude. thanks for your info.

what I meant was I posted a reply, then replied to myself twice.

a failed attempt at humour.

I'll keep the day job as they say

=;-)
Wed 04/04/12 at 18:20
"Are you sure?"
webcity1 wrote:
I realise I'm speaking to myself here...

...and I thought that it was DL's and my own reply that weren't being seen :¬P

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 04/04/12 at 16:43
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
ok

I realise I'm speaking to myself here, but perhaps someone else with avast+thunderbird will find this useful

the solution, sort of is to got to avast/mailshield/expert settings and ensure freeola.net is set to protocol=POP3 / port=110 / encryption=none

encryption was previously SSL/TSL so either avast is not processing this correctly or email is not longer encrypted. Am I talking rubbish? has freeola email ever been encrytped (woops!)

I think I would prefer it encrypted if possible so if anyone has any thoughts on that...
Wed 04/04/12 at 15:10
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
I need to know what encryption and port number to set in Avast to make it work with Freeola. The previous settings are not working anymore - anyone got any ideas?
Wed 04/04/12 at 14:56
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
AHA - this is sorted when I turn off the Avast email scanner.

Avast states the last update was on 4/4/12

I really don't want to turn off the email virus scanner. what on earth has Avast done to mess up my emails...I will endeavour to work it out...will update when I figure it out
Wed 04/04/12 at 12:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
I've just tested normal Freeola email and emailpro both using Outlook 2003 successfully.

Just done the same using Windows Mail and no problems:¬)
Wed 04/04/12 at 10:51
"Are you sure?"
I've just tested normal Freeola email and emailpro both using Outlook 2003 successfully.

Please remember to update your thread if you find the cause.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 04/04/12 at 09:08
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
Is anyone else having issues with retrieving emails from Thunderbird (or other progs)?

I had a while where I was getting an error from Freeola yesterday, but could access via webmail

also I am receiving email from non-freeola accounts (both pop and smtp) other

It's happening again now, I've submitted a support ticket but I just wanted to see if anyone was having similar issues:

FYI

I'm using Thunderbird 12.0 on Windows 7 64 bit

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.