GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If I were Prime Minister..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/03/12 at 22:33
"possibly impossible"
Partly spurred on by Dragonlance's apathy towards politics, this is the soapbox for those who would like to fix the big things or the little things in this country (the world?)

So, without further ado...

If I was Prime Minister I'd instate a British Business policy to protect existing businesses and encourage new business.

I'd ensure the tax on fuel was used to pay for research in to renewable energy vehicles and find a way to ensure automotive companies will back this up instead of working against it. More importantly, I'd look at ways of getting British automotive companies started again and back on the scene.

I'd also work the chancellor harder to find ways of providing a fairer benefits system that gets help to the right people faster and ensures there are less people who can swindle the system.
Mon 02/04/12 at 14:58
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
Apathetic uprises don't work all that well!

I did hope that no one would see that picture :¬)
Mon 02/04/12 at 13:54
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pb wrote:

I'd argue that point, but I can't be bothered...
Mon 02/04/12 at 13:42
"possibly impossible"
Sun 01/04/12 at 19:47
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
I'm with @DL on this! #Apathy

A giant RESET BUTTON needs pressing on both Local and Central Government - it's just a mess!

'Band of Brothers' or perhaps 'Brothers Unite' ... nice one Hmmm, we're in the majority now haha :¬D
Sun 01/04/12 at 13:08
Regular
Alfonse wrote:

Do you have any idea how much money Britain has taken out of countries like India?

If you are talking about colonialism and the East India Company, then sure. Otherwise, no. We cut aid to China, Russia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Moldova and Serbia due to their wealth and thought it was odd to rule out India as well. If we aren't taxed for it then you will have the money to give to charity if you feel obliged to do so. I doubt most people would though.
Sun 01/04/12 at 12:52
"Are you sure?"
I'm with @DL on this! #Apathy

A giant RESET BUTTON needs pressing on both Local and Central Government - it's just a mess!

Re. @pb's suggestion that fuel tax should be spent on research - that would be nice but at the moment fuel tax is needed to pay for all the other government's policies and pensions...
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 01/04/12 at 12:47
Regular
"I like turtles"
Dr. Garin wrote:
I'd ban the welsh.

Well all I will say is that you USED TO BE one of my favourite members Garin! :P

Anyway, just think of what our glorious country has brought to this nation in recent times, the rugby cup thing, that long jump guy and Charlotte Church. I'm sure there's many more examples but I can't seem to think of any off the top of my head! :)
Sun 01/04/12 at 12:19
Regular
Davidm4 wrote:

I would put an end to overseas government charities. I believe tax payers shouldn't be forced to give to them, as the money goes through foreign government and little of it actually gets to those who need it. Not to mention India is wealthier than us and we have poverty too.

Do you have any idea how much money Britain has taken out of countries like India?
Sun 01/04/12 at 00:36
Regular
Well I'm an idiot, but here goes ^^

If I was Prime Minister I would push for a Universal Language so that people wouldn't have a communication barrier when wishing to work/trade overseas and there would be no need for translation. I could understand foreign music, film, games without subtitles/dubbing too.

I would put an end to overseas government charities. I believe tax payers shouldn't be forced to give to them, as the money goes through foreign government and little of it actually gets to those who need it. Not to mention India is wealthier than us and we have poverty too.

I would end investment in wind farms due to how inefficient they are and focus on more efficient sources like hydroelectric/geothermal/nuclear.

I would hold a referendum on EU membership in the hope that we leave. This is so that we can set up our own trade agreements without having to go through the EU, stop paying 20b a year, cut 100k pages of red tape and lower the cost of food due to the removal of the CAP.

I would stop the 25b cost of replacing Trident and have it sold off. I don't see any situation where it is going to be useful.

The main focus of investment would be energy, in the hope of reducing the cost of living through energy bill reductions. Research in efficient/renewable fuels would be another priority.
But lucky for everyone, It's not going to happen.

btw Pb I voted for UKIP in 2010 as did my mom. My bro voted for the BNP so at least I'm not that bad :p
Sun 01/04/12 at 00:23
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I'd ban the welsh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.