GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox is it fooling you?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/12/02 at 00:47
Regular
Xbox spends so much money on advertisement that he is fooling everybody.For example he bought little companies that we don't even know about. Xbox will not last. It will die just like all the other systems. There is barely any games for Xbox and it's been out for nearly a year. Go out and buy anysystem but this one. The company spends so much money on other things but not on any games.
Tue 17/12/02 at 15:10
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I hate it when people judge a console by the company that makes it grrrr.
Tue 17/12/02 at 13:40
What a load of crap !!...hey ive got all 3 consoles and i must admit that the Xbox is by far the greatest..i get more hours outta my xbox than my PS2 and gamecube..Im happy with xbox games and xbox live is the best product ive ever played. look save your money buy an xbox and try it out, trust me you will use your PS2 for a cup holder and will be playing with your xbox and live forever...
Mon 16/12/02 at 21:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
gamer2007 wrote:
> Xbox spends so much money on advertisement that he is fooling
> everybody.For example he bought little companies that we don't even
> know about. Xbox will not last. It will die just like all the other
> systems. There is barely any games for Xbox and it's been out for
> nearly a year. Go out and buy anysystem but this one. The company
> spends so much money on other things but not on any games.

Ladies and Gentlemen, its the Muppet show !

Microsoft have no more advertising that Nintendo and Sony. There are plenty of games available with plenty of high quality titles and more titles overall than the GC.
As for Microsoft spending money on other things, do you know exactly what Sony do ? You might want to look at a few TV's, CD players, etc when you next visit the shops.
Of course PS2 has more games, but its had a massive head start and around 80% of its games library are crap titles.

Microsoft has pumped plenty of its considerable money into the X-Box and the release schedule going into next year only backs up how big an amount of support the X-Box has. Then of course theres the $2billion X-Box Live online service which is pretty far from pocket change.

So overall, how have Microsoft "fooled us" ? Or to put it by your words, how has the X-Box console fooled us ?
I've been playing it since March and although its had a dry spell through the summer just like the other 2 consoles, the excellent games are coming thick and fast now and in my opinion, no other console has ever had a better range of launch games than the X-Box.
As for 2003 - Sony and Nintendo are going to have their work cut out to keep up with the quantity of quality titles on the X-Box. Thats not meant as some fanboy comment, its a fact.
We all have our games preferances, but then you have to ask which console is going to be delivering more quality games for its audience ?
Going through my list of wants, I'll have over 20 titles on Christmas day and by Christmas 2003, I expect to have around 100 games and thats no exaggeration.
Mon 16/12/02 at 20:49
gamer2007 wrote:

Really?
Ive seen more PS2 and Gamecube advertisements than X-Box ones.
I havent seen an X-Box one for ages. Pretty annoying actually.

Barely any games? Theres around 200. Possibly more.

If you dont like the X-Box then dont come on the X-Box forum. Simple enough to understand isnt it?
Mon 16/12/02 at 19:24
Regular
"I see you"
JAZZY-JACK, i'm in agreement with you on that one.

"why buy the cow when you can get the sex for free"
Mon 16/12/02 at 18:46
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Let me guess, you've barely played an xbox and you judge it by what your mates say. Any knowledge you have if limited at best.

Either that or you're 5 years ahead of your time.
Mon 16/12/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Unretired"
gamer2007 wrote:

He? lol!
Mon 16/12/02 at 18:05
Regular
*Reads Half of Glides post, And stabs PS2.*

Oops.
Mon 16/12/02 at 17:07
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
GlideM wrote:
> ***********JUST KIDDING************

Thanks for clearing that up.
Mon 16/12/02 at 16:46
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
That is also a good point Gamefreakz ;)

I suggest people try sticking a knife into the PS2 to see if it dies though ;)

***********JUST KIDDING************

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.