GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vote here is the dome a waste of money?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/09/00 at 11:04
Regular
Answer this post with

An Aye - the dome is a waste of money or

A Nay - the dome is an excellent idea which has boosted our countries Natiuonal and International standing.
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:15
Btw AYE
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:13
Complete and utter waste of money. Why did they build it anyway? How did it cost over £700million for a big tent??

They can't even use the site for our national stadium - well they could but it wouldn't make the stadium any cheaper to build - it's just some canvas tied to some big yellow poles!
Sat 02/06/01 at 15:56
what a waste of time and money 100% Aye
Sat 02/06/01 at 12:52
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
AYEs---- -->@@<------------------
Wed 30/05/01 at 12:08
Regular
Aye.

I think they should turn it uspide down, light some fires uderneath it and have a huge stir fry.
Wed 30/05/01 at 12:05
Aye/Nay

Isn't it said - "The end justifies the means" - or something like that...

The money has been spent and maybe the money won't be recovered on the sale of it as it stands, but the future use of it could impact the money recovered over time.

Perhaps they could have a TV Game show on "Who wants to be a Dome Heir". They could get economists to value the idea on likely revenue/job creation etc.

How about a public "think tank" on ideas for it's use?
I'll start it with the following suggestion:

An Indoor Ski Centre - great for tourism, particularly during the summer when there is almost no skiing opportunities in Europe.

Crazy or not, surely someone has a potentially viable idea for the use of this building to serve many and not just to line the pockets of a few. Surely its far more productive use of the grey matter than just being scornful and negative ! (or maybe not)
Wed 16/05/01 at 13:52
Regular
NAE, it took the imelight away from the farce that was the Hampden project last year (but hey, at least we've got a national stadium!!).
Wed 16/05/01 at 13:44
Aye - complete waste of cash - although they could always turn it into our new national stadium as they reckon they can't afford to cough up the dosh for a new Wembley.
Wed 11/04/01 at 22:52
Aye
Wed 11/04/01 at 22:39
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Aye

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.