GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"pcs are the best of all"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/12/02 at 22:14
Regular
where would we be without pc`s, we wouldnt even really have games this good without pc`s and consoles wouldnt be as good if they cant design the games, and the internet, no pc,no internet,no special reserve,a pc can do anything a playstation or gamecube can do, you can buy the graphics, play the games, you can use a joypad with pc,you can use a joystick with pc, and lets face it, pcs are the best for stragegy games and flight sims , a playstation has about 10 buttons,while the old fasioned and origan keyboard has 100 ,plus all the combonations you have on top of that i.e Shift+k . without pc`s we would have to buy ORIGANAL MUSIC CD`s that cost 5 times more, and what about word ,publisher,excel and all that, how would the young generation do there maths homework, check there english essay or print there maths homework ,even tho playstation is the more tempting one to buy, pc`s are the most flexabile, you can easily upgrade them,bit pricy! but its worth it for the gamers out there!
Tue 17/12/02 at 16:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
But then, some games that are on the PC aren't suited to consoles, and it's those types of games I just happen to like, so it's the PC for me. Consoles are nice thing to have, but don't really provide the type of gaming experience I look for.
Tue 17/12/02 at 16:02
Regular
Quote: Pcs are excellent utility machines, but I think you need to have a console to get the best of everything.

Some games just aren't suited to PCs, like Tekken and such. You can't effectively cram around a PC and play a Tekken tournament.

Absolutely agree 100%!
Tue 17/12/02 at 13:24
Regular
Very true, but if you just want to play games, why do you need all those keys? We *require* pc's for much of our everyday tasks, but it is a general purpose device. So you tend to find yourself needing to install updates (hardware or software or both) to do *simple* things. Ie, some MP3 players reaching the market about now require you to run Windows XP on your pc. You cant transfer data between the 2 devices without it. But, it CAN be done without WinXP, since most current MP3 players will run on Windows ME (or even 98). And since WinXP is a BIG upgrade to what went before, there is a good chance that much of your old software and games won't work. This is typical of the pc market. You get the same thing with printers, scanners, third party software, etc, etc, etc. Hence, I prefer to keep games on a games console.
Mon 16/12/02 at 22:14
Regular
"http://fabio2003.tk"
where would we be without pc`s, we wouldnt even really have games this good without pc`s and consoles wouldnt be as good if they cant design the games, and the internet, no pc,no internet,no special reserve,a pc can do anything a playstation or gamecube can do, you can buy the graphics, play the games, you can use a joypad with pc,you can use a joystick with pc, and lets face it, pcs are the best for stragegy games and flight sims , a playstation has about 10 buttons,while the old fasioned and origan keyboard has 100 ,plus all the combonations you have on top of that i.e Shift+k . without pc`s we would have to buy ORIGANAL MUSIC CD`s that cost 5 times more, and what about word ,publisher,excel and all that, how would the young generation do there maths homework, check there english essay or print there maths homework ,even tho playstation is the more tempting one to buy, pc`s are the most flexabile, you can easily upgrade them,bit pricy! but its worth it for the gamers out there!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.