GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Nvidia Drivers are available"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/02/02 at 12:10
Regular
Leaked Beta versions, so I've no idea what they're like or how stable they are.

But you can download them from madonion.com

And if anyone has Creature Isles running with Athlon/GeForce system specs, the XP drivers cause conflicts that pause the game and force you to hard-reboot.

Er...punks
Wed 13/02/02 at 12:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Leaked Beta versions, so I've no idea what they're like or how stable they are.

But you can download them from madonion.com

And if anyone has Creature Isles running with Athlon/GeForce system specs, the XP drivers cause conflicts that pause the game and force you to hard-reboot.

Er...punks
Wed 13/02/02 at 12:27
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Cheers
Wed 13/02/02 at 15:14
Regular
Thanks for reminding me...I did a re-format of my PC not long ago and forgot there were updates for my G-Force 2's drivers!

I'm downloading whatever the latest version is from www.nvidia.com
Wed 13/02/02 at 17:33
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
ah once again i can change the drivers and watch how all my gam,es no longer work and my monitor start being out of alignment.

it's all good fun espeicaly the next 6 weeks of tryiung to find the old ones i was using :)
Wed 13/02/02 at 18:17
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Heh, they're leaked, that's the risk you take - the current official ones are still on the nVidia site. I've used some leaked ones in the past, but they are generally followed by official ones a few weeks later anyway.
Wed 13/02/02 at 19:10
Regular
~Resurection~ wrote:
> ah once again i can change the drivers and watch how all my gam,es no longer
> work and my monitor start being out of alignment.

it's all good fun espeicaly
> the next 6 weeks of tryiung to find the old ones i was using :)

If you use Windows XP you can use the "roll back" feature to go back to using the previous driver versions.

I'm not sure if you can do that on any older ones though (You can't on Win95....)
Wed 13/02/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
No, you can't, although the process of uninstall driver > reinstall driver has never struck me as much of a challenge..
Thu 14/02/02 at 00:11
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Reaper[oV] wrote:
> No, you can't, although the process of uninstall driver > reinstall driver
> has never struck me as much of a challenge..

oh you'll be surprised
Thu 14/02/02 at 08:28
Regular
"not dead"
Ooh! New Nvidia drivers!

What great news for you big hairy nerds!

No need to go out and meet real people, you can sit and download drivers!

Damn stinky-breath nerds.

All of you.

"Oooh! new drivers, I'm going to cream in my pants!"
Thu 14/02/02 at 11:39
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Yipee, I just achieved the highest 3dmark 2001 score (2625) for my system specs, compared to all others on madonion.com.
Although I expect you got about double that Goatboy, it's not bad for a Duron 825, 384mb RAM and a Geforce 2 MX!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.