GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars: Obi Wan"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/02/02 at 11:53
Regular
Hi,

Very excited about this release in the UK in March.

Ive heard some iffy reviews from the jouno's but my mate has it overseas and reckons its fantastic! Have to admit it looks like great fun and the first chance we're gonna get to act like a Jedi using the power that X-Box allows.

I think its the first Star Wars gane to be released on X-Box (?)

Anyone else looking forward to this one?

Ben.
Tue 02/04/02 at 10:34
Well, spent a lot of the weekend playing this. Its really good fun. The controls are easy to grasp and graphics impressive as expected. The real exciting stuff are Jedi's moves - cartwheels, and front and back flips etc. Your left stick controls movement and right controls the lightsaber (which you can control in the air - genius!)

Watch this space, only a few more levels...
Sat 30/03/02 at 01:17
Regular
"BOSE"
haven't been on here for a couple of days. been playing Obi-Wan :) it's wicked! :)

i was gonna get this game when i just heard what it's called. i read some reviews and saw a video clip which made me want it even more :)

i'm stuck at the moment :|

chapter 5: a little assistance. can't find the door things you have to do "something" to :|

the graphics and everything are great. GameSpot are WAY off course!
Thu 28/03/02 at 20:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
You lot will have to tell me about it when you get it.
:-) After seeing video footage of it and stuff I was a bit cautious about it. I'll keep an eye out for it being shown on any pods. ;-)
Thu 28/03/02 at 19:17
Regular
"Whatever!"
Must say I like the look of this game!!
Thu 28/03/02 at 17:26
This game is enticing me more and more each time I read a reader Review! on gamespot
Thu 28/03/02 at 16:02
Saw this is a pod today looked suprisingly good I wanna play a demo of it :)
Thu 28/03/02 at 11:34
I'm off out to buy it today. Can't wait for some saber action! I read somewhere that the lightsaber combat is well implemented - moving right thumbstick lets you swing it about etc. Sniper rifles and grenades are available weapons too. I'll let you know more later!

Ben
Wed 27/03/02 at 08:49
Regular
"BOSE"
Obi-Wan comes out to buy in shops tomorrow :)

how many of you guys are buying it? i saw this little kid playing it in Special Reserve. the game's amazing. but he wasn't
Tue 12/03/02 at 12:56
Regular
"BOSE"
i'm really looking 4ward 2 Obi-Wan :)

most of the reviews i've read r great :)
i even downloaded the vid clip from here. it's fab! :)

but what r u talking about March 28th?
if u go 2 http://www.reserve.co.uk and click on the menu "xbox" it says "released Thursday 14/3" and Star Wars: Obi-Wan's 1 of them
Tue 12/03/02 at 12:51
Hey,

Ive heard about this and it looks like great fun!
A mate of mine has this on American X-Box and he's always playing it. It is the first Star Wars game to be released (28th March) I'm gonna pre-order definatley.

Forget the journo's, theyre all up their own ass! Ive heard mixed views etc. but they'll all be judging it differently to the average gamer anyway, and in my opinion you cant beat the power of the X-Box combined with the lightsaber fighting of Obi Wan. It beats shooting or hand to hand combat any day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.