GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Tue 17/12/02 at 14:08
Regular
D@m the demo is good i just wish i had the full game. I've got a game on the list before it Tiger Woods Golf. Anyways in the actual game what weapons can you get, because i was playing the demo and they only hve a pistol, which is good dont get me wrong but i would have loved a grenade. I could use it on the guards, anyhow can you list the goodies the game has? I want my mouth to water, again.
Tue 17/12/02 at 14:08
Regular
"ProGolfer"
D@m the demo is good i just wish i had the full game. I've got a game on the list before it Tiger Woods Golf. Anyways in the actual game what weapons can you get, because i was playing the demo and they only hve a pistol, which is good dont get me wrong but i would have loved a grenade. I could use it on the guards, anyhow can you list the goodies the game has? I want my mouth to water, again.
Tue 17/12/02 at 15:34
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
there is an assault rifle with shockers and stun bullets a diversion camera with stun gas a mic grenades erm cant think of many more after that though.
Tue 17/12/02 at 16:04
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Whats that camera thingy?
Tue 17/12/02 at 16:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You can fire surveillance cameras that stick to the wall and then you can see what's coming etc.
Or some are diversion cameras, same as above but you can make them whistle to draw guards over and then release CS gas to knock them out for an age.
Also can fire electrical stun charges and "Aerofoils", which are rubber bullets basically.

And smoke grenades/gas grenades.
And camera disablers.
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:01
Regular
The demo is like the final part of mission one!

The fist mission is huge (seriously) and its an excellent game in my opinion. Loads of cool moves Sam can do.

Grenades rule, taking out 3 guards with one is satisfying :P

The water on the "Oil Rig" level is gorgeously realistic!
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:43
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Yes great game and very challenging I am on The Abatoi mission and its extremly hard.
Tue 17/12/02 at 19:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I played this earlier today for the first time.

Looks pretty nifty, and soundwise its okay. However, the real funs in the sneaking. And the lamping out of guards. MMWHAHAH!

The games cool - a little tricky in places, and the save system is pants, but it does make it harder. Still, yet another game to add to ma GC wanted list........
Tue 17/12/02 at 21:15
IVE GOT IT AND PLAYED THE FULL VERSION AND IT ROCKS
Wed 18/12/02 at 15:34
Regular
I like how Ubi Soft has featured an "extras" section going through the development of Splinter Cell, and the interview with Sam.

Excellent, Excellent game in my opinion, sometimes infuriatingly difficult but the graphics are astounding and the animation is amazingly smooth. I'm on that CIA level, its a really good feeling knowing you have sneaked unoticed into such a high security complex.

The thermal/nightvision googles are so cool.

I cannot stress to you guys how cool this game actually is.
Wed 18/12/02 at 16:46
Regular
Would you believe that I've had Splinter Cell for a week or so and I haven't played it yet. Too busy on Morrowind.
But I'm going to slot it in on Christmas Day, as if it was dropped off by Santa the night before, lol.

I always like to play a good new game over the Christmas/New Year period. It's a tradition of mine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.