GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Wait?????"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/02/02 at 10:20
Regular
I've been a big final fantasy Fan since nuber 7 came out on the PS all those years ago. But now I'm starting to get annoyed at the length of time it takes for games to reach the UK. Final Fantasy 10 was released maonths ago in the USA and its been out even longer in Japan. The release date for England is around july time. So what is so different between the USA and UK version that it needs a 6 month+ delay. I mean is Europe such a small market that game compainies don't feel the need to bother with us. So come on the Uk is is full of waiting gamers(MGS2,Tekken 4), put us out of our misey and release these games A.S.A.P.
Wed 13/02/02 at 10:20
I've been a big final fantasy Fan since nuber 7 came out on the PS all those years ago. But now I'm starting to get annoyed at the length of time it takes for games to reach the UK. Final Fantasy 10 was released maonths ago in the USA and its been out even longer in Japan. The release date for England is around july time. So what is so different between the USA and UK version that it needs a 6 month+ delay. I mean is Europe such a small market that game compainies don't feel the need to bother with us. So come on the Uk is is full of waiting gamers(MGS2,Tekken 4), put us out of our misey and release these games A.S.A.P.
Wed 13/02/02 at 10:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Europe isn't a samll market, it's a whole lot bigger than the US, and maybe the whole of North and South America put together!!
And cuz I don't know anything about Final Fantasy, was no.7 the first one, or have there really been 10/11 FF games??
Wed 13/02/02 at 10:38
Regular
I'm fairly certain 1-6 were released on the NES. Not usre if they were released in Europe though. Rare games to find methinks.
Wed 13/02/02 at 10:41
Regular
"Back For Good"
Europe gets treated horribly when it comes to release dates, Pal conversions and all that, I think we should return how they treat us. Wipeout Fusion, Getaway and all the English games shouldn't be released overseas for at least 6 months with a naff conversion job, that'll show em :-D
Wed 13/02/02 at 10:49
Plus! They've started to add things to PAL releases. Like the European Hardcore XXX skill level on MGS2 or whatever its called, plus the making of and all that jazz that the US don't get.

I'm sure there are other games that get things added for the PAL release...... actually I've no idea.

Goodnight.
Wed 13/02/02 at 12:04
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
>I`m fairly certain 1-6 were released on the NES. Not usre >if they were released in Europe though.

I think you`re right, they were released on the NES. I can`t remember which ones, but only a few made it to Europe, probably the later ones. I had a chart with it on a while ago, saying which ones got where and when.

Solskjær_24 wrote:
>Europe isn't a samll market, it's a whole lot bigger than the US

I thought it was smaller... I`m sure the US was still the largest market in the world. I think Europe recently caught up with Japan, but certainly not America.

>And cuz I don't know anything about Final Fantasy, was no.7 the first one, or have there really been 10/11 FF games??

There have been 10 so far, as Ortega said, 1-6 were NES (possibly something else for 1, though I`m still not sure). I`ll have to check that next time I`m home. Anyway, then 7-9 were on PSone, and now 10 on PS2. 11 is a to be released later.

boyakadan wrote:
>I've been a big final fantasy Fan since nuber 7 came out on the PS all those years ago.

Same here. I only got into the games with the release of 7.

>But now I'm starting to get annoyed at the length of time it takes for games to reach the UK.

It does take an absolute age doesn`t it! It was the same for 7, and 8, and 9, and now 10...

>Final Fantasy 10 was released maonths ago in the USA and its been out even longer in Japan.

It was out before GT3 reached the UK I belive, so by the time FFX gets hear, it`ll have had a year in Japan.

>The release date for England is around july time. So what is so different between the USA and UK version that it needs a 6 month+ delay.

Its the languages, and the fact the crew needed a holiday. After the completion of the Japanese version, the team were given a holiday to recover from it all... and then got back to work. America is easy, as its all just one language, but then for Europe, you`ve gotta put it into all the different languages which`ll take ages... added to the fact that they just don`t seem to be fans of Europe.
Wed 13/02/02 at 12:15
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
FF1-3 was on the NES, FF4-6 on the SNES, and you know the rest except wedidn't have nyofthem here in Europe and the US only had 1, 2 and 6.
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:39
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yeah sometimes it is a pain to have to wait for a game, but look on the bright side, usually with a big space between the release we get a slightly improved version of the game with added bonuses or any glitches that were there before may have gone by the time we get it.

Also we get to keep our money that bit longer!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.