GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games are like Christmas"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/12/02 at 16:00
Regular
The wrapped presents

Are like the enchanted spell the game has you in when you buy it. You can’t see what it is, but you know its there. If like me, you went on a internet based pilgrimage to find out about information on Vice City, then you will know that when you first played it, you had a thought in the back of your head. The thought is “Would this game be better if I hadn’t spent long sleepless nights hard on the PC tracking down every last bit of information?”
Just like opening a Christmas present you knew you already had because you opened it and then re-wrapped it. It’s not as fun or exciting as it would be if you did not open it.

Decorations and other Christmas what not

These are just added extras to give the experience more of a longer lasting taste and also to make the place look better. Timesplitters 2 had a create a landscape option. Pro Evolution Soccer 2 had the Umbro training. Vice city had the motorbikes and the property assets. The Getaway had the free ride option. All these were not an absolute necessity but they did prove popular with gamers. Just like the Christmas decorations, they add more atmosphere and life span not to mention tradition.

The Christmas Cracker

Like all good multi-player games the Christmas cracker has been going for years. Like a fighting game you and someone else use all their might to get the little present inside (or in a games case, the fact that you know you beat the other person). And also like a Christmas cracker, if you buy the cheap rip off ones then your sure to be disappointed about what gift you receive. On the outside it looks nice but on the inside, its just cheap plastic.

The Christmas Tree

The Christmas tree is the foundation game designers’ base their ideas around when making a game. The tree itself is the heritage of games. This consists of the likes of Mario, Space Invaders and Pong and other innovative sources that surround the modern day game. Even back to the Atari and the Spectrum days, each one makes up a branch of the gaming family tree. The decorative lights are there for a reason. Each one is a great game. Vice, Mario land, FF7, GTA3, MGS each one is a light that still continues to shine even now.

The Christmas Turkey

The Christmas turkey is like a good gaming magazine. It provides you with the right sources of nutrients and information. In fact it gives you so much, you feel plump afterwards. If you eat too much, you might get side effects like a demo disc. Just like a Christmas turkey, everyone gets a piece.

Father Christmas and The reindeers

Father Christmas brings you your presents. He designs the games and creates good ones. The reindeer are the retailers. They are the ones that transport Father Christmas’s sack across the globe. We are the children that receive the gifts.

Well there you go. I bet you didn’t know games could be linked to Christmas like that. Well metaphorically speaking anyway. I guess that’s why they contrast each other so well.
Tue 17/12/02 at 16:00
Regular
"Notable"
The wrapped presents

Are like the enchanted spell the game has you in when you buy it. You can’t see what it is, but you know its there. If like me, you went on a internet based pilgrimage to find out about information on Vice City, then you will know that when you first played it, you had a thought in the back of your head. The thought is “Would this game be better if I hadn’t spent long sleepless nights hard on the PC tracking down every last bit of information?”
Just like opening a Christmas present you knew you already had because you opened it and then re-wrapped it. It’s not as fun or exciting as it would be if you did not open it.

Decorations and other Christmas what not

These are just added extras to give the experience more of a longer lasting taste and also to make the place look better. Timesplitters 2 had a create a landscape option. Pro Evolution Soccer 2 had the Umbro training. Vice city had the motorbikes and the property assets. The Getaway had the free ride option. All these were not an absolute necessity but they did prove popular with gamers. Just like the Christmas decorations, they add more atmosphere and life span not to mention tradition.

The Christmas Cracker

Like all good multi-player games the Christmas cracker has been going for years. Like a fighting game you and someone else use all their might to get the little present inside (or in a games case, the fact that you know you beat the other person). And also like a Christmas cracker, if you buy the cheap rip off ones then your sure to be disappointed about what gift you receive. On the outside it looks nice but on the inside, its just cheap plastic.

The Christmas Tree

The Christmas tree is the foundation game designers’ base their ideas around when making a game. The tree itself is the heritage of games. This consists of the likes of Mario, Space Invaders and Pong and other innovative sources that surround the modern day game. Even back to the Atari and the Spectrum days, each one makes up a branch of the gaming family tree. The decorative lights are there for a reason. Each one is a great game. Vice, Mario land, FF7, GTA3, MGS each one is a light that still continues to shine even now.

The Christmas Turkey

The Christmas turkey is like a good gaming magazine. It provides you with the right sources of nutrients and information. In fact it gives you so much, you feel plump afterwards. If you eat too much, you might get side effects like a demo disc. Just like a Christmas turkey, everyone gets a piece.

Father Christmas and The reindeers

Father Christmas brings you your presents. He designs the games and creates good ones. The reindeer are the retailers. They are the ones that transport Father Christmas’s sack across the globe. We are the children that receive the gifts.

Well there you go. I bet you didn’t know games could be linked to Christmas like that. Well metaphorically speaking anyway. I guess that’s why they contrast each other so well.
Tue 17/12/02 at 16:10
Regular
Hi please contact me anyone Knock Knock
Tue 17/12/02 at 17:54
Regular
"Notable"
no
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:12
Regular
Don't lie i know where you live

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.