GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube people in here please.. (Advice Needed)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/02/02 at 19:51
Regular
Right, I am now scared.

I had it all planned, buy GC, games etc. But, y’know my telly is getting on a bit. And while reading the GC deals from SR it says, “with Scart Lead”
Right, I have a scart socket, but this is already occupied with my video stuff.

So, where does this go?!

Also, I am thinking about buying the speaker and sub set especially for the GC. Does this only plug into the GC and mains? Cuz if it does then I’m ok. Does it give surround sound? And is it any good? £35 sounds very reasonable, so if its good, then I may buy one.

Anyway, let me talk about how good this is.

GC is released May 3rd yea? Or something very close, and my birthday is 9th So, I get money that I already saved (£100ish) and my Birthday cash (£150 ish) Which gives £250 ish, so, I buy GC, few games, and my GAD win.. and some stuff. And its all cool.

So, could just someone help me out about the scart stuff and the speaker stuff.

Much appreciated

GasMask
Tue 12/02/02 at 19:51
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Right, I am now scared.

I had it all planned, buy GC, games etc. But, y’know my telly is getting on a bit. And while reading the GC deals from SR it says, “with Scart Lead”
Right, I have a scart socket, but this is already occupied with my video stuff.

So, where does this go?!

Also, I am thinking about buying the speaker and sub set especially for the GC. Does this only plug into the GC and mains? Cuz if it does then I’m ok. Does it give surround sound? And is it any good? £35 sounds very reasonable, so if its good, then I may buy one.

Anyway, let me talk about how good this is.

GC is released May 3rd yea? Or something very close, and my birthday is 9th So, I get money that I already saved (£100ish) and my Birthday cash (£150 ish) Which gives £250 ish, so, I buy GC, few games, and my GAD win.. and some stuff. And its all cool.

So, could just someone help me out about the scart stuff and the speaker stuff.

Much appreciated

GasMask
Tue 12/02/02 at 20:59
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
GasMask wrote:
> Right, I am now scared.

I had it all planned, buy GC, games etc. But, y’know
> my telly is getting on a bit. And while reading the GC deals from SR it says,
> “with Scart Lead”
Right, I have a scart socket, but this is already occupied
> with my video stuff.

So, where does this go?!

YOU HAVE A NUMBER OF OPTIONS HERE. FIRSTLY, YOU COULD BUY THE RF UNIT (OR USE THE ONE FROM YOUR N64) TO CONNECT THE GCN VIA THE AERIAL SOCKET, ALTHOUGH THIS'LL DEGRADE YOUR PICTURE QUALITY.
SECONDLY, YOU COULD BUY ONE OF THOSE DEVICES, MUCH LIKES A MULTI-PLAY EXTENSION LEAD, WHICH CONNECTS TO YOUR SINGLE SCART SOCKET AND THEN ENABLES YOU TO PLUG IN SEVERAL SCART DEVICES. HOWEVER, YOU'LL ONLY BE ABLE TO USE ONE SCART DEVICE AT A TIME, I THINK.
YOUR FINAL TWO OPTIONS ARE A BIT OBVIOUS, BUT I'LL POINT THEM OUT ANYWAY - GET RID OF YOUR VCR OR BUY A NEW TV! MY TV COST A MERE £170 AND HAS TWO SCART SOCKETS (ONE OF WHICH SUPPORTS AN RGB SIGNAL).

Also, I am thinking about
> buying the speaker and sub set especially for the GC. Does this only plug into
> the GC and mains? Cuz if it does then I’m ok. Does it give surround sound? And
> is it any good? £35 sounds very reasonable, so if its good, then I may buy
> one.

THE CHANCES ARE THAT THIS WOULD PLUG INTO THE MAINS AND ALSO YOUR TV, NOT YOUR GAMECUBE. THE CONNECTION I THINK WOULD BE USED ARE THE RCA PORTS LOCATED ON THE FRONT OF TVS, IN PARTICULAR, THE RED AND WHITE ONES. HOWEVER, SEEING AS YOU SAID YOUR TV IS GETTING ON A BIT, I DOUBT YOU HAVE THESE, SO I'D FORGET IT.
ON THE NOTE OF SURROUD SOUND, I EXPECT THIS IS ENTIRELY DOWN TO YOUR TVS SOUND CAPABILITIES. IF YOUR TV GIVES OUT A WEEDY MONO SOUND SIGNAL, CHANCES ARE THAT'S ALL YOU'LL GET THROUGH THE SPEAKERS.
Tue 12/02/02 at 21:14
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Thanks, but Caps :o)

So, I think I will buy that extension thingy or get rid of my VCR.. As for the speakers, Damn them. :o)

Cheers for help.
Tue 12/02/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I hardly use VCR. But, one of those extensions..

hm.

I have a spare scart on my VCR.. Hmm.. Many thinks is needed...
Tue 12/02/02 at 21:39
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
scart is that red yellow white thingy i have it with my N64 and it makes it easier to move around. (just rams it in the right colours)
Tue 12/02/02 at 23:08
Regular
"Back in black"
Tony_Blair wrote:
> scart is that red yellow white thingy i have it with my N64 and it makes it
> easier to move around. (just rams it in the right colours)

No it is not. I have had so many problems with scart leads so I know a bit.

It's kind of a extension plug. This connects your TV to the video player/DVD player/PS2/Gamecube. If you have a Scart socket in your TV all you need to do is put the scart lead in the TV and the oher side in the Gamecube. If you want to use your VCR simplt take out the scart leade from the GC and put in your VCR, and then swap them around when GC time is near!!

Hope that helps.
Tue 12/02/02 at 23:16
Regular
I dunnobout your VCR, but mine has 2 scart sockets in the back.

Coould try pluging the Gamecube through that?
Wed 13/02/02 at 00:31
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yea, I found out what im gonna do.

Use the "spare" scart socket on my VCR, and if that don't work, I will just take out the one from my telly and plug in the GC one.

I can't wait. Black GC for me.. Can we now order games? I can see them in the database..

Cheers for helpy all.
Wed 13/02/02 at 00:38
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
GasMask wrote:
I can't wait. Black GC for me.. Can we now order games?
> I can see them in the database..

*points Gassio in direction of Starlight's topic.

Big Blue Bear etc etc
Wed 13/02/02 at 12:41
Regular
Just looking at Gamecube Peripherals.

http://special.reserve.co.uk/listings/specialsearch.php?ty=CON%NGC

They sell a RF adapter, the one like you get with N64, so get one of them if you dont get the scart thing working.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.