GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC15: Two Diaries"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/09/07 at 12:53
Regular
"not dead"
Two Diaries

Took Amy to Dove Dale today. She was asleep before we even left the car park, bleeding knackered she was. Suitable for kids? Is it be damned. Yes they’ve put in a nice path in the valley, down by the water, and it’s a nice enough walk for the most part, but it just ain’t suitable for a seven year old. I nearly had a bleeding heart attack when she went jumping over those stepping stones. They were all wet and slippery, and if she’d have fallen in and banged her head she could have drowned. Then there was the path up to the cave. That weren’t suitable neither. It was more of a climb than a bleeding walk. She was hanging onto rocks for her life, and I helped push her up, otherwise Christ knows what might have happened.

I’ll tell you what though, some of the views were spectacular, with the cascading water over weirs and the view between the hills. Trouble was, there was so much bleeding litter – lost count of the number of crisp packets in the bushes, and I must have counted half a dozen tyres in the water. What’s with people that they can’t just appreciate the natural beauty, without going and ruining it for everyone else?

Ice-creams were a bleeding rip off, had to queue up to pay two quid for an ice cream! Two bleeding quid? Couldn’t believe it. Then Amy wanted a paddle in the water, with the rest of the kids. I would have said no, but some parents are just so bleeding irresponsible, they’d let a kid of about two or three splash around on his own – I could hardly say ‘no’ to Amy then, wouldn’t have looked fair at all. It was too darned cold anyway, even on a warm day. The poor little blighter was shivering. Of course, once I’d dried her off she was absolutely beat, pretty much had to carry her all the way back to the car. Don’t think I’ll be going back again in a hurry, it was all too much for her really.

Today Dad took me to this really nice big valley and it was really, really, really fun! I think he said it was called Dudvale, or something but I can’t really remember. It was really, really pretty. First we walked by the river and I saw four fishes! One of them jumped right out of the water! It was amazing! After that we had to go over these stepping stones to get to the other side. I had to take really, really big steps to get across. It was a lot of fun, apart from Dad kept grabbing my arm to stop me from falling. He really is a silly-billy sometimes, because I could do it all by myself. Afterwards we climbed up this really, really big slope! It went up a long, long way, and there was a big, dark cave at the top. All the way up Dad was being a silly-billy again and kept holding on to me, he doesn’t think I’m a good climber, but I know I am! It was really pretty at the top, you could see all of the hills and the trees, and the river at the bottom looked so, so far away! On the way back I saw loads of butterflies in the bushes, they were really, really pretty, with really pretty patterns.

When we got back to the car park Dad bought me the yummiest ice-cream ever! It was chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips in, and chocolate around the top of the cone. It was really, really nice. Afterwards we went and sat by the river. I wanted to paddle, and Dad said no first, but then he let me because there were some little children allowed to play, so he had to let me. It was nice to cool down in the water. I moved some stones and made a little dam, and the water went round it. I think Dad was getting tired then,, because he took me out and dried me off. Afterwards I was tired too, so I let Dad carry me back to the car. It was such a fun day, the most perfect day ever, and I hope we can go and play there again soon!
Sat 01/09/07 at 12:53
Regular
"not dead"
Two Diaries

Took Amy to Dove Dale today. She was asleep before we even left the car park, bleeding knackered she was. Suitable for kids? Is it be damned. Yes they’ve put in a nice path in the valley, down by the water, and it’s a nice enough walk for the most part, but it just ain’t suitable for a seven year old. I nearly had a bleeding heart attack when she went jumping over those stepping stones. They were all wet and slippery, and if she’d have fallen in and banged her head she could have drowned. Then there was the path up to the cave. That weren’t suitable neither. It was more of a climb than a bleeding walk. She was hanging onto rocks for her life, and I helped push her up, otherwise Christ knows what might have happened.

I’ll tell you what though, some of the views were spectacular, with the cascading water over weirs and the view between the hills. Trouble was, there was so much bleeding litter – lost count of the number of crisp packets in the bushes, and I must have counted half a dozen tyres in the water. What’s with people that they can’t just appreciate the natural beauty, without going and ruining it for everyone else?

Ice-creams were a bleeding rip off, had to queue up to pay two quid for an ice cream! Two bleeding quid? Couldn’t believe it. Then Amy wanted a paddle in the water, with the rest of the kids. I would have said no, but some parents are just so bleeding irresponsible, they’d let a kid of about two or three splash around on his own – I could hardly say ‘no’ to Amy then, wouldn’t have looked fair at all. It was too darned cold anyway, even on a warm day. The poor little blighter was shivering. Of course, once I’d dried her off she was absolutely beat, pretty much had to carry her all the way back to the car. Don’t think I’ll be going back again in a hurry, it was all too much for her really.

Today Dad took me to this really nice big valley and it was really, really, really fun! I think he said it was called Dudvale, or something but I can’t really remember. It was really, really pretty. First we walked by the river and I saw four fishes! One of them jumped right out of the water! It was amazing! After that we had to go over these stepping stones to get to the other side. I had to take really, really big steps to get across. It was a lot of fun, apart from Dad kept grabbing my arm to stop me from falling. He really is a silly-billy sometimes, because I could do it all by myself. Afterwards we climbed up this really, really big slope! It went up a long, long way, and there was a big, dark cave at the top. All the way up Dad was being a silly-billy again and kept holding on to me, he doesn’t think I’m a good climber, but I know I am! It was really pretty at the top, you could see all of the hills and the trees, and the river at the bottom looked so, so far away! On the way back I saw loads of butterflies in the bushes, they were really, really pretty, with really pretty patterns.

When we got back to the car park Dad bought me the yummiest ice-cream ever! It was chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips in, and chocolate around the top of the cone. It was really, really nice. Afterwards we went and sat by the river. I wanted to paddle, and Dad said no first, but then he let me because there were some little children allowed to play, so he had to let me. It was nice to cool down in the water. I moved some stones and made a little dam, and the water went round it. I think Dad was getting tired then,, because he took me out and dried me off. Afterwards I was tired too, so I let Dad carry me back to the car. It was such a fun day, the most perfect day ever, and I hope we can go and play there again soon!
Sun 02/09/07 at 22:37
"possibly impossible"
Heh, lovely idea. Two different viewpoints of the same event. Nicely written in both cases, makes you think a bit about how they see it all...
Fri 19/10/07 at 01:13
Regular
Excellent.

I was wondering if perhaps you'd find it much harder to get into the writing of the little girl.. as I can almost sense your personal ..writ..inghood.. in the father section.

But you pulled it off well. I did picture her as much younger than her diary entry seemed to make out.. being that she was obviously quite intelligent. I almost wanted a 'daddy is so silly he thinks I can't climb but I can silly daddy'.. or even less than that.. I know what I mean.

Gold star and a smiley face.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.