GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The new direction for Gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/02/02 at 18:48
Regular
Although I don't have a Gamecube, recent reviews have suggested that Nintendo have ditched their old style of epic games (e.g Zelda and Mario) in favour of a shorter, more accesible game that only lasts around 10 hours etc (Luigi's Mansion for example). I understand that Nintendo are trying to appeal to a different target range, such as the casual gamer and especially Playstation users who like the shorter more intense experience, but one of the reasons I am a fan of Nintendo is because they spent years producing epic, 50 hour works of art like Zelda. I for one am worried about the new direction they are taking. Wht does everybody else think?
Sun 17/02/02 at 09:17
Regular
But this 'short and sweet' approach is also ripping off Nintendo fans, and that is something I don't normally associate with Nintendo.
Sun 17/02/02 at 08:27
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i'll answer you .....

i reckon that nitnendo's new short and sweet attitude is only for a few, space filling games games.

Nintendo has hundreds of programmers throughout the world , and so they have enough resources to keep several games going at once. So about 10 small groups could work on smaller games , to keep the production line going , and to get more games out , while the bigger fewer teams are hard at work on the huge feature length epics that we all know and love, so zelda and mario will be huge , with the little, casual gamer games just filling the gaps.
Sun 17/02/02 at 07:31
Regular
Is anybody going to answer me?????????????
Tue 12/02/02 at 18:48
Regular
Although I don't have a Gamecube, recent reviews have suggested that Nintendo have ditched their old style of epic games (e.g Zelda and Mario) in favour of a shorter, more accesible game that only lasts around 10 hours etc (Luigi's Mansion for example). I understand that Nintendo are trying to appeal to a different target range, such as the casual gamer and especially Playstation users who like the shorter more intense experience, but one of the reasons I am a fan of Nintendo is because they spent years producing epic, 50 hour works of art like Zelda. I for one am worried about the new direction they are taking. Wht does everybody else think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.