GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grandia 2/ Skies of Arcada"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Tue 17/12/02 at 21:45
Regular
Hi, i was wondering if anyone out there would swap Skies of Arcada for a mint copy of Grandia 2?

It has everything mint, including the instruction book.

Im looking for a mint copy of Skies of Arcada, cause ive completed Grandia 2, and was hoping to swap with another RPG fan?

Cheers
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:33
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Yes im afraid there are many more of those 'caves', i aint trying to put you off!

Just that there one cave in the game, where it took me ages to figuer out the puzzle. It frustrated me alot, cause once i was in, i couldnt get out not untill i finished that cave and got the tresure.

There will be loads of random battles, with some fairly hard enemies. Just make sure you buy 50+ healing potions, to compensate.

You can fly anywhere, but the way the map is set out, its big ( do you really want to have more random battles?) also you really follow a set course, like in Shenmue.

Also you cant progres ahead of the storyline, eg, theres a net blocking your way, the only way to get rid of the net is to finish that particular cave/boss etc.

Ive been in more ship battles and i still dont fully understand it, but it seems to work ;-)
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:18
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
For some reason something is calling me back to play Skies of Arcadia. I dont know what. I need to spend a lot of time levelling up, after that painful process is over, I can finally get on with the story with confidence, knowing that I will not have to worry about dieing every battle.

Does it get that repetative? Cos I hate caves. In SOA, there was this island you had to go to, and release the water to get a moon crystal, I hated that!!! I cant remember what the section was called.... I hope there is not another one like that.

I still dont get how to properly do the ship battles!

I suppose SOA is the only RPG to really 'call me back' because of the amazing atmousphere, its just always nice and sunny back at Pirate Island. There is such variety in ship battles, normaly battles and adventure.

Buts its the very long random battles that really put me off. It gets boring after a while and often the big bosses are exceptionally hard. I suppose thats the art of levelling up! Im just one of those people who likes to get on with the game rather than levelling up the whole time.

Just out of interest, can you visit literally ANY island? Even if you are not sceduled to because of the storyline? Are there anymore levels like the one I jsut described (like the island where you have to release the water to get the crystal?)........ are there any other hard bosses after that?

Thanx.
Mon 28/04/03 at 20:16
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Console_kid wrote:
> What is getting boring about it again??
>
> The only thing I found boring was the levelling up and the extremely
> hard bosses!!!

The Executioner is the hardest 'Boss' ive fought so far. And the rest, well i had like over 100 healing potions, so they weren't hard, just loooong battles.
Mon 28/04/03 at 20:14
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Console_kid wrote:
> What do you mean when you said its getting boring again? Is it
> getting much harder? Is the storyline becomming boring? Are there
> annoying islands you have to venture (ie. caves)

Yer cave after cave after cave(dont wanna spoil the story) and when you flying around the random battles get annoying. I just cant be bothered. I aint a great RPG fan to be honest.

I preferred Shenume, i didnt put it down till i finished it. RPG lovers didnt enjoy it as much.

See what i mean. Skies is a true RPG (im not a fan) Shenmue is more of an experience (i liked alot more then RPG's)
Mon 28/04/03 at 15:49
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
What is getting boring about it again??

The only thing I found boring was the levelling up and the extremely hard bosses!!! I guess I'm just no born to play RPG's. I dont get that much pleasure in levelling up.

What do you mean when you said its getting boring again? Is it getting much harder? Is the storyline becomming boring? Are there annoying islands you have to venture (ie. caves)
Fri 25/04/03 at 19:31
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Console_kid wrote:
> I had that same problem with the Executioner!!!! Is that the section
> where you have to escape from that MASSSSSSSIVE floating prison and
> rescue your father???
>
> I found the executioner section really hard. I still have not got
> passed it. To be honest, it actually stopped me from playing the
> game!
>
> Any tips on how to beat him? Apart from levelling up more? Because
> Im at about level 14 for each character!

I did it ay level 11 for all.

Year it stopped me from playing too.

Get rid of the two side ppl first

Then get the big dude

All my charcures died except the bearded guy how had 15 hp left and i attacked the big dude and did around 200+ damage and just killed him, very lucky, now ive been playing it for 20 hours now and im getting bored again.
Fri 25/04/03 at 11:42
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I had that same problem with the Executioner!!!! Is that the section where you have to escape from that MASSSSSSSIVE floating prison and rescue your father???

I found the executioner section really hard. I still have not got passed it. To be honest, it actually stopped me from playing the game!

Any tips on how to beat him? Apart from levelling up more? Because Im at about level 14 for each character!
Thu 24/04/03 at 18:06
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I got sent a copy of Rez for free from a mate in Scotland \o/
Thu 24/04/03 at 15:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Forget about it, I've decided to forget about this game, and to instead pursue my search for a copy of Rez, somewhere other than on E-bay.

Plus, there are too many great games coming out on the GameCube for me to take any real notice of this game - like Zelda, and Skies of Arcadia.
Tue 22/04/03 at 20:55
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I was about to put it on ebay for around £20

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.