GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Fox Adventures Review"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Fox Adventures'.
Wed 18/12/02 at 08:49
Regular
StarFox Adventures was originally going to be called Dinosaur Planet until Nintendo gave Rare the licence for the StarFox team. The game has been in development for three and a half years but can it really live up to the hype surrounding it. The answer is maybe.

The first thing you’ll notice about SFA is the gorgeous graphics from Fox’s fur to the lush landscapes. There is no fog what so ever which so many games have to use to cover up the pop up. The water shimmers and the waves look nice. The grass sways and in the hot areas the air goes blurry.

The sound is exceptional and is very reminiscent to a certain N64 game (i.e. Jet Force Gemini). It is very atmospheric and suits the game well.

The A.I is okay but not superb and you’ll notice that the enemy that Fox is locked on to is the only one which will fight you. Also the battles do not require much skill all you have to do is continuously press the A button and choose a direction on the analogue stick to see the combo you would like to see Fox do but thankfully there is not much fighting in the game so you won’t mind. They also block your attack which makes it a lot harder

The puzzles in the game are very well thought out but Slippy literally tells you what to do so I decided to do the game without his advice in this way I found it more enjoyable and challenging. It is also a bit too easy (try not to ask Slippy it will make it more challenging if you don’t) and a bit too short. Also the inclusion of Tricky makes it last a lot longer. I spent hours just playing ball with him and you also have to feed him with GrubTubs and he’s like having a pet!

Overall this is a very enjoyable game and you should definitely get it if you own a GameCube.
Thu 19/12/02 at 08:50
Regular
GcMaster wrote:
> THIS GAME IS BORING
It's good (except for the second last boss).
Thu 19/12/02 at 00:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It is a very simple game, and it doesn't last long. Worth a rent, nothing more.
Thu 19/12/02 at 00:02
I think Starfox Adventures is a fun game. It's pretty simply but quite enjoyable, and the fighting looks nice.
Wed 18/12/02 at 22:41
Regular
"Erm....."
THIS GAME IS BORING
Wed 18/12/02 at 12:17
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Cube-Europe are biased and Cube magazine are inbred.
>
> This game sucks, there's no way around the fact.

Well i remember the NOM Being 300% Biased.

'Greystation..' What were they thinking?
Wed 18/12/02 at 11:56
Regular
Cube-Europe are biased and Cube magazine are inbred.

This game sucks, there's no way around the fact.
Wed 18/12/02 at 09:25
Regular
Thanks for the complement. You should get it is very good. Cube-Eruope gave it 9.0 so did IGN.
Wed 18/12/02 at 09:10
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Its a good review and a good read :)

but from everyone having a negative view of this game i'm glad i'm not getting it.
Wed 18/12/02 at 08:50
Regular
I rated this game 9/10.
Wed 18/12/02 at 08:49
Regular
StarFox Adventures was originally going to be called Dinosaur Planet until Nintendo gave Rare the licence for the StarFox team. The game has been in development for three and a half years but can it really live up to the hype surrounding it. The answer is maybe.

The first thing you’ll notice about SFA is the gorgeous graphics from Fox’s fur to the lush landscapes. There is no fog what so ever which so many games have to use to cover up the pop up. The water shimmers and the waves look nice. The grass sways and in the hot areas the air goes blurry.

The sound is exceptional and is very reminiscent to a certain N64 game (i.e. Jet Force Gemini). It is very atmospheric and suits the game well.

The A.I is okay but not superb and you’ll notice that the enemy that Fox is locked on to is the only one which will fight you. Also the battles do not require much skill all you have to do is continuously press the A button and choose a direction on the analogue stick to see the combo you would like to see Fox do but thankfully there is not much fighting in the game so you won’t mind. They also block your attack which makes it a lot harder

The puzzles in the game are very well thought out but Slippy literally tells you what to do so I decided to do the game without his advice in this way I found it more enjoyable and challenging. It is also a bit too easy (try not to ask Slippy it will make it more challenging if you don’t) and a bit too short. Also the inclusion of Tricky makes it last a lot longer. I spent hours just playing ball with him and you also have to feed him with GrubTubs and he’s like having a pet!

Overall this is a very enjoyable game and you should definitely get it if you own a GameCube.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.