GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A depressing statistic."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/12/02 at 15:56
Regular
EA are scum sucking regurgitating hounds who release update upon update and aren't afraid to flog dead horses to the point of reducing them to skeletons. They jump on the bandwagon as soon as they can see a franchise which could make money. EA to release the SIMs? Not suprising really, as it will enable them to release a plethora of updates and add-ons.

*sigh*

Where's the originality that we all hoped for or has everyone run out ideas these days?
Wed 18/12/02 at 18:19
Regular
"Brrrrr."
I don't think that EA are that bad...

Emphasis on THAT.
Wed 18/12/02 at 18:18
Regular
"relocated"
I didn't hate Allied Assault, it just wasn't anywhere near as good as everyone said it was. The beach landing level was terrible. Run forward, get hit by shell, die. Remember where shell landed, run forward, get hit by another shell...etc etc. That's not a game, it's a memory test.
Wed 18/12/02 at 18:17
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
EA dont make that many games in-house, most of hteir titles are develpoed by third party developers, E.g. Lionhead, Bullfrog, etc...

The problem is that being primarily publishers, htey are more interested in maknig a quck buck than making a quality title...

The result is that great games are released too early, damaging what could othrewise could have been true classics...

e.g. MOH:AA was rushed to release before fully completed, which is why the game is so short, and why it suddenly ends without a fully satisfacuary ending...

Black&White was released full of bugs, a revolutionary title that completly failed to run on many maches, which lost it as many fans as its innovative gameplay won...

UltimaIX was pushed through to release, resulting in a less than mediocre end to the most influencial RPG in computer (or video game) history. Most of the truley revolutionary features had to be removed because time wasn't provided to fully develop them, the storyline was dumbed down for people who had never played the game before, and the game was so bugged that it would barely run (when it actually did run) on the machines of the day...

The result is that EA's titles tend either to be rushed/unfinished masterpieces, or nine time out of ten, mudane, pedestrian titles..

To a point its fair play, they are a business after all, Eidos nearly went bankrupt by providing cash to the more innovative developers (e.g. Looknig Glass) and allowing them too much time to develop...

Its just that EA seem to be far too strict, far too money orientated to produce anything of worth?
Wed 18/12/02 at 18:14
Regular
"everyone says it"
Thats why they are the second biggest games house in the world.

It does sadden me as 99% ( a true statistic) of their games are pure crap.

Really bad.
Wed 18/12/02 at 18:09
"You love us!"
unknown kernel wrote:
> I thought Allied Assault was quite rubbish.

You need help mate.
Wed 18/12/02 at 18:06
Yeh need more Rare games, EA totally messed up there bond games give it back to Rare goldeneye was revolutionary.
Wed 18/12/02 at 18:02
Regular
"relocated"
I thought Allied Assault was quite rubbish.
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:24
"Uzi Lover"
I like Allied Assualt. I play it when I'm sitting here bored. Only the demo though.
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:23
Regular
TheSum;P wrote:
> Ty the Tazmanian Tiger.

We're listing good game you realise?
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:22
Ty the Tazmanian Tiger.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.