GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Badly"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/09/00 at 09:36
Regular
I hope not until we realise that the football in this country is inferior, will we learn and improve the standard. The only why this will happen is if we lose often.

If you lose, don't lose the lesson.
Wed 20/09/00 at 14:22
tye
Wed 20/09/00 at 10:55
Watching Tv with my flatmate last night, turn on teletext, Leeds 1, Milan 0, Lee Bowyer. Pictures spring to mind of a typical Bowyer goal, strong shot into one of the corners from the edge of the box, hahaha how wrong can you be.

That was a goalkeeping gaffe even David James would be proud of! Maybe Dida was playimg too many computer games before the match?

I think a win was just about fair from the highlights I saw, although maybe Milan deserved a draw.
Wed 20/09/00 at 09:07
Top result fo Leeds last night - not the ideal way to win a game but it shows that every shot counts and I expect Mr O Leary will be happy.
Tue 19/09/00 at 16:42
Inferior to who? I presume you refer at least to the Italian and Spanish leagues, yet we have had reasonable success against teams from this league in the last couple of seasons - Man Utd's victories over Inter, Juventus & Valencia, Arsenal beat Dep. la Coruna (the reigning Spanish champions), convincingly, Leeds beat Roma last season, I could go on. Yes, there have been defeats by clubs from these leagues for British clubs too, but my point is that we are no longer hopelessly outclassed by teams from any league, as may have been the case 5 years ago. It's impossible to say which league is the best, but undeniably the top 3 are Italy, Spain and England, with not much to chose between the 3.

If you are going so far as to refer to Leagues like the German and French ones, you are very wrong. These leagues have some good teams but overall the standard is much, much lower.

Finally, losing is not necessary to improve the standard of British football. Improvement comes form long term planning and commitment, from youth and grass roots level. The FA seems slowly to be catching on to this, and taking appropriate steps. The main factor in this is the failure of the national team, not clubs fielding 7 or more foreign players in the Champions league losing. Europe is a learning experience, you need to play in it to get better. It's therefore necessary to win and get more games to improve in competitions like the Champions league. Of course, you can't always win, and you learn more lessons from getting beaten. Leeds will find it tough this season - but they shouldn't be expecting to do well at their first attempt anyway. David O'Leary has said as much too, frankly progressing to the 2nd round will be a good achievement for them. But regardless of whether they win or lose they will learn a lot this season.
Tue 19/09/00 at 09:36
I hope not until we realise that the football in this country is inferior, will we learn and improve the standard. The only why this will happen is if we lose often.

If you lose, don't lose the lesson.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.