GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whats so funny???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/12/02 at 16:13
Regular
People now adays spend life of computers and are distracted from the important things in life,conlose after console are education is being ruened and destroyed, game after game are social life is slowly begining to fall apart.

Ask your self have you been playing of a console too much, not enough time for homework. Life my well be a game but why waste the time you have playing games that dont have any meening to it! This over grown marble has suffered enough. Take a day off your console and see what it can do for you.

The world has goon over the top in games and consoles and whos done what on which game but life is too short and there are better things. I know you all think im a Console FREEK but how, how did I become this thing that I am now.

Sure you can play a console but not too much make time for everything else. Games are fun to play but dont waste the time you have.

This is my good-bye
Thecollector
Sat 21/12/02 at 19:00
Regular
Why is this post called 'what's so funny'? I also disagree with it, too. If someone likes games, let them play - it's up to them. Yes, there's more to life, but there's no-one who just solidly plays games.
Thu 19/12/02 at 17:05
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Pubbing? Couldn't they just call it getting drunk?
Thu 19/12/02 at 16:55
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Oh wait...Is Gamecollector leaving?

(yahoo)
Thu 19/12/02 at 16:51
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
We will all see end to these spelling mistakes when IE7 come outs (when does it?)

Anyway i have amdit a topic that everyone have forgotten at the back of their minds, and it is a good post too, Well done :D
Thu 19/12/02 at 16:45
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Could you perhaps learn to spell? Then I might be able to respond to one of your posts, as I'll know what on earth your talking about.
Thu 19/12/02 at 16:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
'are' - a present form of the verb 'to be'
eg we ARE clever

'our' - a collective posessive adjective
it is OUR house

Grammatical lesson over.
Apart from that, a good post.
Thu 19/12/02 at 16:28
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I remember my dad saying the same thing to me once and I looked him in the eye and said, "Dad, I'll NEVER stop playing games. EVER."

I'm 23 and I still play them regularly but I still enjoy a good social life in between work and gaming. So it's just a case of balancing everything out. On average I play for at least an hour a day when i get back from work, much more at weekends. Obviously, I also go clubbing, visiting friends, pubbing etc.

Yes, there is more to life than consoles, but not for me. Not yet, anyway. The day when I load up my new killer app title for my GC and I don't feel my heart missing a beat or my excitement reaching fever pitch levels is the day I'll recultantly admit the magic is gone and I'll admit defeat.

I hope I never get to see that day! Long live gaming!
Thu 19/12/02 at 16:13
People now adays spend life of computers and are distracted from the important things in life,conlose after console are education is being ruened and destroyed, game after game are social life is slowly begining to fall apart.

Ask your self have you been playing of a console too much, not enough time for homework. Life my well be a game but why waste the time you have playing games that dont have any meening to it! This over grown marble has suffered enough. Take a day off your console and see what it can do for you.

The world has goon over the top in games and consoles and whos done what on which game but life is too short and there are better things. I know you all think im a Console FREEK but how, how did I become this thing that I am now.

Sure you can play a console but not too much make time for everything else. Games are fun to play but dont waste the time you have.

This is my good-bye
Thecollector

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.