GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4 - Any Good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4'.
Thu 19/12/02 at 16:18
Regular
I might be getting it for christmas. R the flat land tricks any good?
Thu 19/12/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Tell me what i want"
I might be getting it for christmas. R the flat land tricks any good?
Thu 19/12/02 at 16:54
Regular
ads4578 wrote:
> I might be getting it for christmas. R the flat land tricks any good.

Go on to the tony hawks four forum
Thu 19/12/02 at 18:10
There isn't one...

I'm getting it too, it looks good from what i have seen but i haven't played it yet. I think there are a lot more tricks.
Thu 19/12/02 at 19:45
Regular
"Max Power"
its not that good... yet all it does so far is sit under the tree in wraping paper
Thu 19/12/02 at 19:48
"period drama"
I'm getting it for X-Mas as well.
Is everyone?

It's one of those "I'm not sure" kind of games which means you'll want it for free.
Thu 19/12/02 at 21:26
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
I decided that i am only going to get Tony Hawks games once every two games because they all seem too simlar to me, there is hardly anything new with every new release.
Fri 20/12/02 at 12:33
Regular
Tony Hawkes 4 is an excellent game and advise you all to get it.

Neversoft have managed to make it different enough to THPS3 to keep the interest up for those gamers who were not sure about buying every game of the series.

The only problem is that I'm now waiting for Tony Hawkes 5 and thats probably a long way off.
Fri 20/12/02 at 14:05
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I'm getting it for X-Mas as well.
> Is everyone?
>
> It's one of those "I'm not sure" kind of games which means
> you'll want it for free.

Yep i'm getting it for christmas for those exact reasons, not sure...

looks quite good though and since the last tony hawks i had was no.2 it should be different from that!
Sat 21/12/02 at 10:07
Regular
At first, I found the story mode to be a bit weird. Skating round the areas with no time limit, it was as if it were a free skate from back in THPS3. You go to certain people to receive objectives, and off you go, pulling crazy moves or performing a certain task. After a while though, you get used to this, and know what to expect. Its all about building up your stats really at this point, so I just get on with it and enjoy each objective as it comes along.

Afterwards, you can go for 2 minute runs if you exit career mode. This means you can go back to the old style of skating and really try to optimise the courses. This means that basically, it has the new THPS4 layout, as well as the opportunity to go back and enjoy the 2 minute style of THPS3 (though you won`t be given the chance to do the objectives in that time).

If you have THPS3, then its not a massive change, and were you torn between two games, for example this and Ratchet and Clank, you`d probably be best off going for the more original platform title. However, if its merely a case of should I buy it or not, then yeh, go for it, its great fun!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.