GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alternate Endings in Metal Gear Solid?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/02/02 at 18:30
Regular
I have just borrowed MGS to bring me up to speed with the story before MGS2 is released.

Anyway, I completed it today but I know there is more than one ending. In the ending I got, Meryl stayed alive. I know she dies in one but how do you get that ending? Is it just submit during torture or is there more to it? Plus, are there more than 2 endings?

Also, how do you unlock the special feature things like stealth suits? I thought you'd just have to complete it but I can't save it. Every time I complete it, it gets to the end of the credits and then then it freezes and I can't quit without pressing restart.
Mon 11/02/02 at 18:30
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I have just borrowed MGS to bring me up to speed with the story before MGS2 is released.

Anyway, I completed it today but I know there is more than one ending. In the ending I got, Meryl stayed alive. I know she dies in one but how do you get that ending? Is it just submit during torture or is there more to it? Plus, are there more than 2 endings?

Also, how do you unlock the special feature things like stealth suits? I thought you'd just have to complete it but I can't save it. Every time I complete it, it gets to the end of the credits and then then it freezes and I can't quit without pressing restart.
Mon 11/02/02 at 18:43
Regular
If you submit to the torture Meryl dies, if you don't submit then seh stays alive. No only two endings the ones i have just mentioned. Oh yeah and if you submit to the torture Otacon drives the Jeep instead of Meryl as she dies in that ending. Meryl drives it though if you don't submit.
Mon 11/02/02 at 18:43
Regular
"None Stored"
if you submit in the torture chamber you get the other ending and the stealth suit, if you dont you get the bandanna (unlimited ammo). You cant save mgs1 at the end of the game on the ps2, me and my friends have tried it but it doesnt work, so i bought a ps1.
Mon 11/02/02 at 18:47
Regular
"None Stored"
complete it once you get either the stealth suit or bandanna depending on whether you submit or not, complete it twice you get the tuxedo (james bond style), 10 times in under 3 hours you get ravens gun, about three times on extreme and you get the ninja suit, with the sword as well.
Mon 11/02/02 at 18:54
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I am playing it on my PS2 and don't have a PS1. So does this mean I can't get any of these items?
Mon 11/02/02 at 19:16
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
only way would be by using a cheat cart.
Mon 11/02/02 at 19:21
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Its a bit off topic but:

Well done on your GAD win CDouch, I guess now you can claim one of those games you wanted.
Mon 11/02/02 at 19:49
§pånkër wrote:
> if you submit in the torture chamber you get the other ending and the stealth
> suit, if you dont you get the bandanna (unlimited ammo). You cant save mgs1 at
> the end of the game on the ps2, me and my friends have tried it but it doesnt
> work, so i bought a ps1.

Hmm... well I only have a PS2, but my MGS works fine on it, I've gotten myself the stealth suit, succesfully saved the game and now I'm hunting the bandana.

I've heard about these freezing at the end credits problems before, but mine works. Must be a dodgy batch of PS2s or something?

Ah well.
Mon 11/02/02 at 19:49
§pånkër wrote:
> if you submit in the torture chamber you get the other ending and the stealth
> suit, if you dont you get the bandanna (unlimited ammo). You cant save mgs1 at
> the end of the game on the ps2, me and my friends have tried it but it doesnt
> work, so i bought a ps1.

Hmm... well I only have a PS2, but my MGS works fine on it, I've gotten myself the stealth suit, succesfully saved the game and now I'm hunting the bandana.

I've heard about these freezing at the end credits problems before, but mine works. Must be a dodgy batch of PS2s or something?

Ah well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.