GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion, which is the best???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Fri 20/12/02 at 01:06
Regular
When it comes to curing the craving for something new from the Metroid series they sure went all out , but which will be the ultimate Metroid when the dust settles? Prime or Fusion???
Sun 22/12/02 at 15:37
Regular
Sephiroth7 wrote:
> Fusion is better, it is a classic Matroid Game. Usally people who have
> just played Fusion instead of playing the snse ones get there ***
> kicked by the game. Metroid id a fantastic seris, but i am not sure
> about the Gamecube version, they would of been better calling ti
> something else and putting a different Main Charactor in it and making
> a new game, it is not a tradional Metroid game, but i too have
> preordered it just for the hell of it really.

Yeah, I didn't quite agree with it going first person, but what its lost in platforming, its nearly made up for with extra atmosphere.
I think Grix was right when (and this is going back well over 6 months now) he said "Think of it as a different sort of Metroid game".

It would be nice if they did go back to the traditional style for any future Metroid games though.

It wouldall fit too - seeing as this is meant to be Metroid 0 (so I heard), then it's set before the others - so this can be set before Samus learned how to jump properly! :-D
Sun 22/12/02 at 00:53
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Ridley wrote:
> i just found out that prime is being released 73 days earlier in the
> U.S. then in the U.K. why so late?

Because its just a game, and doesn't really matter really?

O.K., how about, people in America have less sex/booze/drugs than Brits and there for more time to play games?
Sun 22/12/02 at 00:48
i just found out that prime is being released 73 days earlier in the U.S. then in the U.K. why so late?
Sat 21/12/02 at 09:03
Regular
"I will smash you up"
Ridley wrote:
> GTA Gangster is wrong about the game not being out. i know for a fact
> there both released already because i own them both.

It isn't out in the uk
Sat 21/12/02 at 04:42
Regular
some spelling mistakes there :o
Sat 21/12/02 at 02:07
Fusion is better, it is a classic Matroid Game. Usally people who have just played Fusion instead of playing the snse ones get there *** kicked by the game. Metroid id a fantastic seris, but i am not sure about the Gamecube version, they would of been better calling ti something else and putting a different Main Charactor in it and making a new game, it is not a tradional Metroid game, but i too have preordered it just for the hell of it really.
Fri 20/12/02 at 18:42
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Miserableman wrote:
> I've not played the GC version, but it's supposed to be the
> bo**ocks.

Quoting NGC:

"The best Gamecube game yet!" Also, a score of 96% isn't really that bad is it....

*sigh*

I've already preordered Prime, and will be getting Fusion for Crimbo. I can't really say what's best until I've played them
Fri 20/12/02 at 18:39
Regular
"I will smash you up"
Well I have never played any of them but I know they are both good. But what was the point in bringing a game that can link up to a game that isn't even out yet?
Fri 20/12/02 at 09:30
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I've not played the GC version, but it's supposed to be the bo**ocks.

The GBA version is very very good, actually quite tense in places, but not as good as the original SNES version, which was an Earth-shattering classic.
Fri 20/12/02 at 08:48
Regular
Overall Metroid Prime is better but if you don't like First person go for Metroid Fusion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.