GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SEGA Being Brought-Out? - What do you guys think??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/12/02 at 13:07
Regular
With all this talk about either Nintendo or Microsoft buying parts-of - or all-of - SEGA, I'm just wondering what you guys think of all this talk as true SEGA fans, even if it is just a load of old bull.

Do you personally think SEGA would be better-off with Microsoft rather than Nintendo? Or do you think that Miyamoto, Naka, and Suzuki together would rule the gaming world together - kinda like they used to, individually?

C'mon...!! You must have been feeling something about all this?
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
With all this talk about either Nintendo or Microsoft buying parts-of - or all-of - SEGA, I'm just wondering what you guys think of all this talk as true SEGA fans, even if it is just a load of old bull.

Do you personally think SEGA would be better-off with Microsoft rather than Nintendo? Or do you think that Miyamoto, Naka, and Suzuki together would rule the gaming world together - kinda like they used to, individually?

C'mon...!! You must have been feeling something about all this?
Fri 20/12/02 at 22:45
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Im really not sure, I tell you what, I would NOT be surprised if Sega where bought out. To be honest, I would think there was more chance of Microsoft buying out Sega than Nintendo, simply because MS has more money to bid, and MS have more of a relationship with Sega.

However, it seems to me that Sega dont want to be bought out and what to be independant, simply because they have decided to secure publishing rights, and increase amount of games produced! If they are being bought out, then why are they going to this great effort to boost their profits??? To me, it seems that Sega are not going to be bought out. They are acting much more independant, indicating that they want to remain a single company....

BUT, when there is money involved, anythign can happen. MS have the bait, which is MONEY and tonnes of it, its whether Sega will fall for that bait or not. To be honest, I would prefer it if Sega remained unbought. Sega should remain single, just like they have always been, like the 'good old days'.

Thanx.
Sat 21/12/02 at 00:13
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Im hoping Sega wont be bought, that would certainly end years of Sega being Sega!
Sat 21/12/02 at 17:55
Regular
"bWo > You"
Sega shouldn't allow themselves to be bought out, but I fear they'll do it, as the executives have no guts, except for their yellow bellies and their lily-livers. It was a bad day for gaming when they announced they would stop making consoles, but to be bought out? Now THAT would be a sad funeral.
Sat 21/12/02 at 22:01
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Sega 'magical feel' would be ruined by a buy out from microsoft!!
Fri 27/12/02 at 14:56
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I feel the change will help as long as they don't go to microsoft.
Sat 28/12/02 at 02:39
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I highly doubt they will be bought. After the Dreamcast collapsed, Sega massively realigned it's focus, and it's owners, SNK decided then that they would keep investing in a company that was making losses year-on-year.

It was about that time that MS would have approached Sega to buy them.

Now that Sega's departments have gone their own ways, with some supporting Ninty, some Sony, some MS and most a combination, it would be a pretty hard thing to buy the whole lot - remember that Sega is one of the worlds biggest in house development companies... 9 departments capable of producing as many games each as, say, Rare...

Add to that the amount of experience in the company...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.