GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the REAL Megaton announcement"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/12/02 at 21:12
Regular
Taken from Nintendo.com...

" 20th December 2002 - Megaton Announcement Revealed!

Today Shigeru Miyamoto, Executive Producer of Nintendo, has finally unveiled the Megaton Announcement; that he is forming a Country and Western band.

Over the past few years Miyamoto's role at Nintendo HQ has been changing significantly. From his dedicated work on the Ocarina of Time (N64) he has become more and more of a 'supervisor' over the months since then and with all his spare time the cheeky Banjoist has been forming his band, 'Sujekantisu Ma Go!! Go!!' with his brother and two Graphics designers from Nintendo that are currently working on a secret project.

The name, which roughly translates into English as 'Go!! Go!! Super Hamster Banjo' was chosen by Miyamoto after he was playing on a Tamagotchi-style game on the Game Boy Advance, where the player cares and nurtures baby hamsters into drug-addled rock stars. When asked about the matter, Shigeru quoted, "When making a new videogame, I always ask myself what I like to do in real life and then see if that will translate well into game. Here, it was the other way around. I enjoyed playing as a rockstar in my videogame so much that I decided to form a band in real life."

The three other members of the band, Tanaki Miyamoto (Bass), Iroshi Sanatuwa (Percussion), and Yugi Ouadigo (Rythm Guitar) all refused to comment on their roles in the band. Iroshi and Yugi currently are bound to silence by the Nintendo code of Confidence. This is because some of 'Sujekantisu Ma Go!! Go!!'s tracks use samples from a few of Nintendo's up-and-coming games. Obviously work is currently going on so that Iroshi and Yugi can legally speak, as they provide vital backing vocals in some songs.

"It's always something I've dreamed of doing and now we're really pushing for a Christmas number one in Japan this year," says Miyamoto, or 'Shigsy' when he is wearing his yellow slippers. When asked about the other 'Megaton' rumours, he replied, "In fact in a way, some of these rumours have some truth to them. We have recently been in deep discussion with many Third-Party developers such as Capcom and Sega. But in fact we were only looking for a vocalist. Unfortunately we couldn't get hold of one so I'm singing on our current tracks. We're still looking for someone else to fill the part though."

Their first single, 'Katekana Kanju'(Sushi makes hamsters ill) has just been released in Japan and is selling like hot-cakes. In a clever marketing move, a picture of the band's album is on the back of the single. The album is due in Q2 next year, only expect slippages. There are currently no plans for 'Sujekantisu Ma Go!! Go!!' to release any material outside Japan.

More news as it breaks.'
Mon 30/12/02 at 19:38
Regular
"keep your receipt"
you guys have no idea what a great feeling it is to see your post in Gold. Well, you do if you've won GAD, but thats not the point :P
Mon 23/12/02 at 22:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*falls asleep at acceptance speech*

;)
Mon 23/12/02 at 11:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Excellent.

Well done.
Sat 21/12/02 at 11:17
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Parr wrote:
> Aren't there some idiots. It is all rumours and idiots like you make
> up those rumours and mislead the world!

I hate those idiots! I'm very easily misled.
Sat 21/12/02 at 11:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Well obviously it was a joke.
Sat 21/12/02 at 11:06
Regular
"keep your receipt"
its a joke, people. It's just that everyone's getting so worked up about this 'Megaton' announcement that I tried to ease the mood. Hope you enjoyed my post! :)
Fri 20/12/02 at 23:46
Regular
Parr wrote:
> Aren't there some idiots. It is all rumours and idiots like you make
> up those rumours and mislead the world!

Errrrrrr it's a joke mate.

I don't think for a minute the author thought he'd trick people into thinking that Megaton was a game about breeding hamsters.
Fri 20/12/02 at 23:39
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I bet it's all crap, all crap.

*Breaks down and throws bottle of beer at wall*
Fri 20/12/02 at 23:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No.
Fri 20/12/02 at 22:56
Regular
This is much cooler the suing Sony or buying out Sega and Capcom!

Is this one actually genuine? :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.