GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What makes it better"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/08/07 at 11:21
"nope"
Back in the prehistoric days of our world I possessed an Atari Lynx 2. There were several popular hand held computers out at the time and on each there was a genius game of near endless repetition. Nintendo had Tetris on the Gameboy, SEGA Columns for their Gamegear and Atari something called Klax (although 3D Tetris existed on the Lynx too).
If you have played at length all three (and on the console mentioned) do you think one is better than the others. If you do what makes it better?
Wed 29/08/07 at 11:21
"nope"
Back in the prehistoric days of our world I possessed an Atari Lynx 2. There were several popular hand held computers out at the time and on each there was a genius game of near endless repetition. Nintendo had Tetris on the Gameboy, SEGA Columns for their Gamegear and Atari something called Klax (although 3D Tetris existed on the Lynx too).
If you have played at length all three (and on the console mentioned) do you think one is better than the others. If you do what makes it better?
Wed 29/08/07 at 17:57
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Lynx had Batman... shoulda just played that instead ;)
Wed 29/08/07 at 18:15
Regular
I had Klax on the Megadrive.. it was ok, Columns was a bit boring I thought, Tetris had to be the best. Multiplayer too.
Wed 29/08/07 at 19:52
"nope"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Lynx had Batman... shoulda just played that instead ;)

It came with that game in the box. I did not like it very much.
Wed 29/08/07 at 19:56
"nope"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I had Klax on the Megadrive.. it was ok, Columns was a bit boring
> I thought, Tetris had to be the best. Multiplayer too.

I did not know that Klax was on the Megadrive. I am not sure if it would have been the same. I thought it was multiplayer on the Lynx but I am not sure. I only ever played Multiplayer once or twice and not on that game I do not think.
Wed 29/08/07 at 20:02
"nope"
iggvopvantoodlewin wrote:
> I thought it was multiplayer on the Lynx but I am not sure.

*ee errr (wrong answer sound) ..one player then. The 3D Tetris is on there too it is called Blockout.
Wed 29/08/07 at 20:07
"nope"
Thu 30/08/07 at 09:46
Regular
"you've got a beard"
iggvopvantoodlewin wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> Lynx had Batman... shoulda just played that instead ;)
>
> It came with that game in the box. I did not like it very much.

fair enough, the game was rubbish, but it was batman!!!
i remember being quite impressed with the lynx, wasn`t it the first one to be in colour?

i`m sure it was pre-game gear....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.