GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How much should I sell DC for?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/12/02 at 10:40
Regular
Very soon I will be advertising to sell my Dreamcast but I dont know much to sell it for!

I am selling the following:-

1) Dreamcast console (well duh), with all relevant leads, which is all boxed as new.

2) Two official controller pads.

2) Twenty Four of the best games (I'm not just saying that). Apart from two of the games the rest of the cases are in very good condition (only the teeth that hold the GD in are affected).

3) Two VMU's and one normal memory card.

So how much should I sell it for?
Tue 07/01/03 at 10:19
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Console_kid wrote:
> In a way, I agree with Cool T..... after looking at those list of
> games you have, I cant see many rare ones there at all! So I doubt
> you would make as much as you would expect for it!
>
> Hold onto a piece of history as Cool TT so rightly said.

What are rare DreamCast games?
Sun 05/01/03 at 19:01
Regular
dude if u havent already sold the package then id be intrested in buying
a few of the games...
headhunter,sonic adventure 2 le mans,tony hawks 2 and soul calibur.
how much would u accept for either each game or all of them together?
Fri 27/12/02 at 14:55
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
£90 but I don't think anyone will pay that much for it so i'll say about £65 to £75.
Mon 23/12/02 at 18:40
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I reckon its worth £80 but i dont think you will get more then £50-60 for it.

Might as well keep it
Mon 23/12/02 at 18:27
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
DONT SELL IT!!!!! You'll regret it, especially if you sell the Shenmue games.
Mon 23/12/02 at 11:10
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
If you look an ebay you will see that copies of Shenmue II are selling from between £30-£40, Shenmue I is selling for between £10-£15, I woul suggest that you may make more from selling individually than as one big package. It would be worth your while looking at ebay and see what the going rate for you games and console are.

BB.
Mon 23/12/02 at 01:45
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
£60 -£80
Sun 22/12/02 at 20:29
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I Agree, About £90 is a great price.

Market man are ya :)
Sun 22/12/02 at 11:37
I'm not expecting to get much for it anyway, but you guys are right in as much as I'll be throwing away a piece of history, but the fact of the matter is that its been left unused for a while now and there will be people out there like you who think of the Dreamcast as a piece of history, so they'll appreciate the fact that I'm passing it on to a more appreciative person.
Don’t get me wrong the Dreamcast is a great console, I also own a Xbox, but I have never honestly felt as excited about a game release like the Dreamcast did, the Xbox is yet to make me as excited as I once was when the Dreamcast was in its prime, games like MSR, Shenmue, F355, Sonic Adventure and Headhunter are among a few that made me a proud Dreamcast owner. But unfortunately the Dreamcast seems to have died out now and there are no games to keep me excited anymore, that’s another reason why I'm selling the Dreamcast, shame it died out though, too many Sony butt kissers if you ask me, I'm not starting a slagging off match between Sony and Sega so don’t quote me on that, please.
Anyway back to the original question :), how much do you think I’ll get for it?, I’m guessing about £90.
Sat 21/12/02 at 21:52
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
In a way, I agree with Cool T..... after looking at those list of games you have, I cant see many rare ones there at all! So I doubt you would make as much as you would expect for it!

Hold onto a piece of history as Cool TT so rightly said.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.